cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Netgear DG834 and 834G use same firmware?

N/A

This posting is for info or comment, as it is very likely not a huge problem, as such. I e-mailed Netgear Tech support about the issue on 18th April 2004, so I expect a reply anytime soon. Smiley

The current v1.04.01 firmware download at http://kbserver.netgear.com/support_details.asp?dnldID=675
seems to be for the DG 834G (wireless router) rather than the DG834 (wired), as the page heading suggests. Obviously, the same firmware might be useable for both models. However, once you've downloaded it, the Knowledgebase option from within the router menu, points to information for the DG834G.

I updated my own DG834's firmware using the link, and I don't seem to have had any problems, so perhaps it's just a question of Netgear putting an explanatory note on their site.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

It is the same firmware version for both models.
N/A

Thanks, Peter.
N/A

I've been trying to download this update for the last two days Cry
The only way I managed to dso it was to turn off my "software" firewall :roll:
N/A

Hi, homely. Just out of interest, which firewall was it?

I used to have loads of problems accessing the Net & downloading various items, until I learned the idiosyncratic ways of ZA Pro (no time to read Readme texts, and ZA support, whilst excellent if they can spare the time, don't seem to have enough staff to handle e-mails effectively, in my experience).
N/A

It's Norton 2003. it's probably a case of "the way I've go it set up"