cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to pay £14.99?

N/A

Do I have to pay £14.99?

If I try to change my 'ADSL Home Surf 512k' account at £18.99/month to 'Broadband Plus 2Mb' at £14.99/month will I have top pay the £14.99 fee?

Also maybe I just read wrong but I thought that I heard somewhere that if I emailed plusnet or somethign that I would not have to pay the £14.99 fee. Is this correct, and if so what are the procedures?

Thanks again,
7 REPLIES
N/A

Do I have to pay £14.99?

Unfortunatly, you will have to pay a minimum of £14.99 for the move you wish to take.

The change in question is considered a downgrade, thus the £14.99 applies.

If you however, wish to also upgrade to the highest speed your line will allow, jumping the free upgrade queue, then it will cost an additional £14.99 for the regrade too.

There is no way to avoid this. The only free downgrades that are allowed, are those changing from a higher priced premier package (£29.99 or £39.99) to the lower £21.99 package.

Moving from Home Surf to Premier is considered an upgrade, and would also be free, but Premier costs more than your current package.
N/A

? down grade huu!!

Hi acarr,

Are you sure this is correct?? why is changing from 512K monthly upto 2MB's monthly considered a downgrade sorry! I dont understand that at all? Surely an increase in connection speed would be considered an upgrade (upgrade means increase does it not?) please can you explain. I must be missing something here? :roll:

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum Your Voice,Get Involved!
Alecto
Grafter

Do I have to pay £14.99?

"Upgrade" is Plusnetspeak for changing to a package which COSTS MORE per month.
"Downgrade" is Plusnetspeak for changing to a package which COSTS LESS per month.

The terms do not mean to Plusnet what they mean in the real world.

Upgrades are free. Downgrades cost £14.99, based on the reasoning that Plusnet want compensating for the future loss of revenue - or possibly to prevent frivolous package-switching. Certainly you will think twice about changing to a cheaper package if it is going to cost you £14.99 to do so.
N/A

Humm!! Dun Know Ivan

Hi gpattison,

Hummm!! you might be right there?? Im not sure :roll: :roll:

Ivan
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
Alecto
Grafter

Do I have to pay £14.99?

Trust me Ivan, I am. Cool

The £14.99 "downgrade fee" was discussed to death with the Pn guys earlier in the year before you started coming to the forum. Pn resisted all calls to scrap it, apart from in the single instance of changing from £39.99 or £29.99 to the £21.99 Premier up to 2Mb package.
N/A

Do I have to pay £14.99?

Indeed, that pretty much sums it up.

Remember, speed is no longer a deciding factor. The 2Mb package is "Upto 2Mb", not "2Mb", so covers much speed increments.

It used to be based on speed and/or contention, where one or more charges would apply, as they still do now.
N/A

Gosh!! Ivan

Hi gpattison,

GOSH!!! stands back in amazement you've convinced me!!! :lol: :lol:

Ivan
F9 FOL Forum Moderator