cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissatisfied with service? Call Oftel!

N/A

Dissatisfied with service? Call Oftel!

Being yet another dissatisfied PlusNet customer I aired my feelings to Oftel today, primarily because PlusNet will not release my CBUK number enabling me to migrate to another ISP without paying a connection charge again (dirty tricks or what?).

Basically, Oftel told me that if enough people air their grievances, they will launch an investigation. So, what are you waiting for? Give them a call!
7 REPLIES
jlpappin
Grafter

RE: Dissatisfied with service? Call Oftel!

BT have been paid for your line basically. So PlusNet have no right to withold any information about your line.
N/A

Calling OFTEL sounds very interesting. You got an email address?

Dave Allan
N/A

While you may have a genuine right ot complain, as many feal they do, there is the possibility that you may be incorrect.

You would have to read and consult the guidance procedures that BT have issued, regarding the migration process. Until you have done this, you can't tell if Plus.Net have to release this information.

I know the information states that the ISP has to provide it, but I am not aware if it states they have to no matter what the status of a contract is.

In my opionion, yes they should give it to you.

As for paying a fee again, this may possibly be because you are still in contract. Consult this first.

Even if Plus.Net do give you your CBUK number, they have every right, regardless of contract conditions, to refuse you migration. This is stated in the migration notes.

Migration is only for ISP's that support it, there is nothing in there wholesale contracts that force them to do it.
jlpappin
Grafter

What if you only have a monthly contract? You give them one months notice and then you can ditch them I think.
N/A

Yes, you are within your right to give them the months notice and ditch them (my ditch-o-meter is rising too).

But as stated, if Plus.Net don't want to offer migration in or out (if they do in, surly they should do out), they have that right.

In other words. You either stay with us, or we force you to pay to sign-up with another provider (where with migration you do, just not with pipex).
N/A

Contacted Oftel and they apparently getting back to me. use the address below to contact them.

http://www.oftel.gov.uk/contact/index.htm

N/A

> Contacted Oftel and they apparently getting back to me. use the address below to contact them.
>
>
> http://www.oftel.gov.uk/contact/index.htm
>
>

AAH, the good old auto-responder.

At least it makes them look like they are doing somthing.