cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted Rant

N/A

Disgusted Rant

I am really sick of the attitude of BT. I live in a town of 20k people (Devizes). It's not exactly a rural hamlet, and yet there is no sign whatsoever of my exchange being enabled within the next 2 years, the BT barometer is stuck at 67/400 registrations. It's gonna be ages before (if ever) the pre-reg reaches 400!

So much for 'broadband britain' what bollox that is!! Unless you live in a city, you might as well kiss goodbye to broadband for years to come. It really sums up this country and its backwards attitude to progress - we are lumbered with one useless govt after another that won't pay!! I bet the whole country could be cabled for circa £1bn.

Post here if you are as fed up as I am - no adsl and no cable anywhere near me! Bas**rds
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Disgusted Rant

Simple solution - MOVE!
N/A

> Simple solution - MOVE!

lol use to think I had it bad with my 3 cable companies empty Broadband hopes of "were coming to your area" but that was like 3-4 years ago...come to conclusion there simply useless.

Hopefully ill be ok with Plusnet.
N/A

> > Simple solution - MOVE!
>
> lol use to think I had it bad with my 3 cable companies empty Broadband hopes of "were coming to your area" but that was like 3-4 years ago...come to conclusion there simply useless.
>
> Hopefully ill be ok with Plusnet.

After 3 years I now can get ADSL you thin you a frusrated my last house had cable TV but no cable phone hence no Cable broadband and no ADSL access however the next street along had it all !!!!!! now I can get ADSL but no cable TV !!!! and thats only a mile away from my old house

Confused I was
N/A

I live in a small village mate, and my exchange got ADSL just after 2002. Just your luck.
I had waited years aswell, I wanted cable, but as you said it wasn't available to me, only to people in the nearest big city (NTL), which for me is glasgow (15 miles away)and no good.
But i got ADSL in April and at same time had the chance to join Telewest cable who had just started the blueyonder thing in my area aswell. I choose to stay with PlusNet thou, as i had been with them for 2 years already.

I agree with what you said, and about the UK government or should i say 'The Poodle' ;o)
--
Jason
=====
N/A

> I agree with what you said, and about the UK government or should i say 'The Poodle' ;o)

LOL!
N/A

> > Simple solution - MOVE!

You are joking right! Just because I would love broadband, it would be selfish to move my wife and children away from their lifestyles just for my gain.

Moving house is not the solution. BT should pull their privatised fingers out of their a**holes and enable the exchanges - lets get into the 21st century. Come on Mr Blair, lay it on the line to these fat cat losers at BT who are only interested in share holders. This country has gone down the pan since its assets were sold on like a cheap whore.....railways, water, BT etc
N/A

you lot think you have it bad? My parents live in a village where there are currently 7 people who have registered and interest in ADSL, what odds do you think they have of getting enabled? (and they live opposite a BT College!)
N/A

> you lot think you have it bad? My parents live in a village where there are currently 7 people who have registered and interest in ADSL, what odds do you think they have of getting enabled? (and they live opposite a BT College hi dsl is certainly fast, and i know cable is restricted to certain areas,but if i had a choice it would be cable any day.bt are currently having problems keeping up with dsl demand and faults simply because they wont provide the staff that are needed to fulfill the demand but at the end of the day a copper cable company trying to compete against a fibre optic company should not even get a look in.my personal view would be that i would hope ntl or similar would get there act together and get the whole country online at fast speeds rather than relying on a company that is still thinking alexander graham bell is the best thing since the wheel.a technology that can only be accessed by 50% of the population at best is not going to save bt's ass when you look at german figures for dsl/cable the british figures are a disgrace and its a hell of lot cheaper on the continent as well,for a company that has had a monoply as long as what bt has had it is a disgrace that they are as badly placed to cope with and access in demand and to be so slow in there roll out of faster isp connections.rant over cheers steviea
--
Community Veteran

> at the end of the day a copper cable company trying to compete against a fibre optic company should not even get a look in.

If you are on cable, the actual cable is a coaxial (like an ariel) that comes into your house not a fibre.
Both BT and cable companies use fibres at the 'back end' of the systems.