cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects with MaxDSL and BF2

N/A

For the last few days the connection has been stable since I switched from a Zoom PCI internal modem to a Binatone 500 usb. Surfing seems fine and I've had no drops but the gaming server problem still persists.

I can get on to Gamespy and play Crimson Skies ok with no drops but Battlefield 2 is still a problem.

I can connect to a server and play the game for 3 or mins and then the game gives me the message 'There is a problem with your connection'. When this happens the ADSL light on the Binatone Modem flashes. I come out of the game and my connection software reports that I am disconnected but the light stays on. Sometimes it will pick up the connection on it's own, other times I have to re connect myself.

I have always had occasional drops form BF2 but nothing like this.

I am thinking about trying a Netgear DG834 router to see if it will give me a more stable connection.

Would that router be suitable for MaxDSL and gaming?

Does anyone have any information on disconnects from Battlefield 2 ?
5 REPLIES
N/A

if this is only happening when you're playin BF2, then I would say that with the sheer number of connections involved (I believe upto 64 players on the PC version of battlefield, is that correct?) then maybe the USB modem can't handle it all, and just bottoms out.

For what it's worth, I play BF2 a lot, but that's on my PS2. I am using a DG834Gv2 on MaxDSL and it has been flawless.
N/A

It happens when I am on 64 player servers and also 16 player servers.

Don't really want to fork out for a router if it will make no difference.
namtab
Grafter

Have you got the latest BF2 patch 1.22, also latest drivers for your modem.
Lorian
Grafter

Also, make sure punkbuster is up to date.
N/A

I have the latest patch, not sure about Punkbuster. How can I update it ? I wasn't having this problem before MaxDSL so can't think that it will make a difference but I'll try anything.

I've taken the plunge and ordered the Netgear router, hopefully that will cure it.