cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnections

N/A

Disconnections

Spec = Win xp pro AMD 550 Gygabyte Mobo GE force 2 mx Zoom DSL modem

Problem = Modem has been replaced now connected to USB2 PCI card Trains Ok everytime connects speeds ok but after about an hour or so it drops the connection I am using the Wan Driver and have everything set ok as per plusnet customer support recommend but every so often the unit stops the lights go out and it resets forcing me to redial.

Question = I have now replaced re run reset and re-installed everything still it happens is there something in XP pro that could be causing this please help if you can before I re-install the OS or go back to Win98

Thx in advance
Jim
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Disconnections

> Spec = Win xp pro AMD 550 Gygabyte Mobo GE force 2 mx Zoom DSL modem
>
> Problem = Modem has been replaced now connected to USB2 PCI card Trains Ok everytime connects speeds ok but after about an hour or so it drops the connection I am using the Wan Driver and have everything set ok as per plusnet customer support recommend but every so often the unit stops the lights go out and it resets forcing me to redial.
>
> Question = I have now replaced re run reset and re-installed everything still it happens is there something in XP pro that could be causing this please help if you can before I re-install the OS or go back to Win98
>
> Thx in advance
> Jim

Ignore this its sorted and no im not gonna tell how cause it was really dumb :cheese:
N/A

Your a shoe.
N/A

> Your a shoe.

Yep !!!!

N/A

I have a similar problem of dropped connections. I have a new setup, what did you have wrong?

Thanks
Brad