cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnections every three minutes!!!!!

N/A

Hi all

I hope someone out there can be of better help then the support team. I have been with Plus Net for over a year now and until the last two weeks have had no problems with my broadband service. However since then every time I am connected to the internet via the Voyager 105 that I have every two to three minutes I loose my connection and the Voyager goes into training mode which takes about 30 seconds before I can try and connect again. Sometimes I am unable to get a connection so it tkaes me a further couple of attempts to connect before I can get back on. Then after a further three minutes or so my connection is lost again. I have run the fault checker and everything seems to be working fine, nothing has changed and plus net have not corrected the fault.

Can anyone help me
1 REPLY
Community Veteran

From what you are describing it looks as though you have a line fault as the modem is loosing sync. Hence the re-training.
It could of course be the modem that is packing up and if you could beg steal or borrow one (or a router) from family or friend then you could prove or eliminate that.
Also can you connect directly to the master socket with all other phones Sky boxes etc removed.
If you have a fairly recent master socket then undo the two screws thet hold the bottom face plate on and this will reveal a test socket inside.
With this plate removed all other internal wiring is disconnected so you are also proving that there is no fault on that.