cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection / Errors

N/A

Disconnection / Errors

Every now again my ADSL connection keeps disconnecting - if i double click on the tray icon i get 11 errors reported (goes up with time) - the lines noise free and last night i stayed on for hours and hours no problem.

Is this something to do with plus nets end or my end?

cheers in advance.
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Disconnection / Errors

Ive been having the same problem. I can stay connected for 4-10 hours sometimes then I disconnect every 15 minutes.

I have asked Plus Net but they have not been very helpful. They suggested I buy a router but Ive just bought their modem!!

I have splitters fitted correctly and there is no noise on the phone, what is wrongHuhHuh

Can anyone help us pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!
N/A

Not sure about the errors, but if you've got the PlusNet-supplied Dynamode A220 PCI modem then check the following thread for more info. It may be coincidence but since I've updated my drivers, my frequent disconnection/reconnection problem seems to have got a lot better.

https://portal.plus.net/central.html?action=new_forums&forum_action=display_topic&topic_id=6328&disp...

See this link if you want to update your drivers for this modem..

https://portal.plus.net/central.html?action=new_forums&forum_action=display_topic&topic_id=6342&disp...

Hope this helps.

Mike.

N/A

my modem ia Dynamode A360 but I cannot find uptodate drivers to insatll the ones on Plus Net site do not seem to work.

N/A

I dont think its the usb modem - ive bought a US Robotics Sure Connect modem - 70/80 quid - US Robotics have a good name anyway.. @ work weve got BTOpenWorld via a Intel usb modem and that one doesnt disconnect at all (its on for weeks and weeks) - so tis either a. my usb modem b. plus or c. line noise/errors

grrrrrrrr
N/A

> Ive been having the same problem. I can stay connected for 4-10 hours sometimes then I disconnect every 15 minutes.
>
> I have asked Plus Net but they have not been very helpful. They suggested I buy a router but Ive just bought their modem!!
>
> I have splitters fitted correctly and there is no noise on the phone, what is wrongHuhHuh
>
> Can anyone help us pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!

I've been getting the same problems and I'm using a router, so don't go buying one cos they say so. Lucky to keep a stable connection for around 4 or so hours then need to reconnect ppp link or reset router. I'm waiting for a response from support.

Matt