cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection Diary

N/A

Disconnection Diary

Thought it might be a good idea to start a Disconnection Diary.
When anyone experiences a disconnection and manages to get back online they could log the details here. Include the date, time and any other information you think may be relevant.

Maybe this information could be used by PlusNet to try and figure out some sort of pattern?

I'll get things started...

Constant disconnections between Friday 15th Sept and Wednesday 20th Sept.
I can't remember all the details for these as there were that many disconnections involved.
More time off than on.
Connection stabilised pm on 20th Sept.

Disconnected Monday 25th Sept, roughly 8:45am.
Reconnected at roughly 4:45pm after router reboot.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Disconnection Diary

Constant disconnections throughout the day. My router usually reconnects automatically within 30-60 seconds but it's annoying when it happens randomly every 10-30 minutes.

This has been happening for at least a month.
N/A

Disconnection Diary

Me too, finally had speeds down to 49 both ways worse than dial up, speed back up today.However, it's too late I have cancelled my contract and luckily I can go cable so BT will lose me too, and I will tell them why. I joined in July and never got a full service, How's that for a new customer, not once have they owned up to responsibility.
N/A

Disconnection Diary

I've started a personal diary, cos i keep getting disconnected now for 1 minute intermitently. It's damn annoying for online gaming. I thought it was a specific time slot but now its all the damn time.
N/A

Disconnection Diary

I suffer from intermittent disconnections just like everyone else. I can get disconnected for just a few seconds up to much longer.

Some of my mates who are with other ISPs have exactly the same problem, but a few don't have any problem, so we can easily say that some ISPs are slightly better than others.

What it is certain that no ISP can employ any decent support people at the minimum wage. This is what it is happening now.

Last night I had to call the "support centre" of one of the companies that offer free broadband to their customers. The call cost 10p a minute + £2 per call, only to be put through to a semi-literate female whose accent I could hardly understand. She couldn't answer any technical questions and insisted that I should be using a 0845 number for the router.

In the end I found the solution myself.
N/A

Disconnection Diary

Many varied disconnections day after day. Peak time usage seems to be the biggest kick in the connection! Strange huh!
N/A

losing connections and slow speed

me too.

I've contacted PluNet about this and they blame everything except themselves.

My connection keeps dropping in the middle of sessions, sometimes coming back up and other times requiring a reboot.
When I do a speed test it reports about 480kbps which is apparently acceptable? Wouldn't have thought so on an 8Mb connection.

Suddenly moving to BT broadband looks like a good move.