cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting

N/A

Disconnecting

Hey,

I was wondering when i go over my peak usage limit would that cause my internet to disconnect randomly?

thanks
attom36
12 REPLIES
N/A

Disconnecting

I'm having this exact problem today every 2-3 mins disconnecting and i dont know why?

anyone?
N/A

Disconnecting

I am definitely NOT an expert, but I'd say you were being upgraded. Eaxactly the same happened to me. Hang fire for a couple of days and switch your router on and off once a day.
I went from 2 PC's not being able to connect for 3 days (Mine could connect but disconnected every minute) to varying between speeds of 0-28mbs, yes 28 in the past hour - with my son playing online games in his room.
I couldn't believe it but it has been between 5-28mbs in the past 10 mins.
Either the test is faulty or the maxdsl is maxing OK (I am on day 9 now).
N/A

Disconnecting

I doubt it is because i am being upgraded because it has been happening to me for months now. Usually after 9pm
N/A

Disconnecting

Not sure if this will help - but it's my rather painful experience!

My BB has suffered from random disconnections for almost a year. It can be fine for a few weeks, then it reverts to disconnecting every few minutes (this week, my peak time connection has dropped as often as every minute).

I raised a tciket for this to be investigated, and as Plusnet were unable to do a whoosh test to determine the noise on my line, they sent out a BT Wholesale engineer.

Straight away the guy said "When were you ungraded to 1Mb?". About April/May last year. "When did the problems stat?" Erm.....about April/may last year!!

He was also unable to do a Whoosh test as when my line was BB enabled, the test number was recorded incorrectly - and there's nothing that BTW can do about it! He checked the set-up of all my phones (which were correct) and concluded that the likely problem was the upgrade. I'm about 3km from the exchange, and he told me that the higher the speed of connection, the lower the noise tolerance. Therefore, during peak times, I get a lot of noise on my line, and my connection drops.

Unfortunately, that's as far as the investigation went. BTW couldn't do anything without a test number, and Plusnet closed the ticket. At the time, my connection was fairly stable (e.g. dropping a couple of times a day). Now however, it's almost unusable - it's dropped twice while I've been writing this message, and about eight times in the last 30 mins.

I'm hoping the switch to LLU will solve it. I can't just change provider as the problem is with the line. Nor do I want to just demand to go back to 512Kb, because no-one has been able to prove that the speed is the problem.

I'm somewhat annoyed that an error by BTW in recording the test number a few years ago cannot be resolved by them. They've just shrugged their shoulders and said sorry. I'm hoping cable comes my way sometime soon!

Guess what....line just dropped again Evil

Jo
N/A

Disconnecting

Thats exactly what has been happening to me, your not the only one.
N/A

Disconnecting

I've started to experience exactly the same problem, it started about two weeks ago and usually starts around 8:30 pm, just as i'm coming on line. It makes online gaming impossible and as i use my broadband connection, mostly for that it starting to cheese me off a bit now. I've done all the plus net test, now i'm going to get BT on the case.
N/A

Disconnecting

This is getting ridiculous now, i gonna have to raise a ticket - whatever good that will do, seeing as no-one can test my line!

My line was fine, then exactly on 8pm for 5 mins or so, it wouldn't hold for more than 30sec. Have the same problem at 7-9am, and from 1am onwards. Yet the so called, 'peak times' off 6-10 pm have generally been ok!
N/A

Disconnecting

Now, here's the joke.

To get support, i need to fill in a number of forms. But my connection drops, so I can't. So I (finally) find the phone number to call, get a message saying use the website, and the call disconnects!

So pleased I'm paying over £20 a month for such a pathetic service.
N/A

Disconnecting

This is exactly the same as me but as soon as i disconnected p2p software it worked fine, could this be the cause? although i am only on broadband plus.
Gibble
Grafter

Disconnecting

All day today i been getting disconnected, i oculd even post earlier cause i couldn't get on the net.

Any idea whats going onHuh?
N/A

Disconnecting

All afternoon here too from 1.13pm to past 7.00 pm. Since then it has been heavily intermittent. For the previous two days it was very similar.

I have had the same problem before for periods of days or weeks but then it improves for a time and I let it slip. At the moment I'm angry about the quality of the service being provided currently and more worried about the state of my connection when it finally gets upgraded. I'm only 1.25 kms crow's flight from my exchange but my downstream 'SNR margin' seems to remain a low 1.5 dB to 4.3 dB most of the time.

'Always on' is not always on with Plusnet and the speed upgrades seem to risk a severe downgrade in service for many users. Cry
[My connection just went down again, after 18 minutes connectivity, before I had to reboot my modem and wait for it to reconnect] Cry Cry
N/A

Disconnecting

fourbridges - that's just what I get.

I reported my fault, again.

I had to answer all the same questions, again.

I've been given the same recommended advice, again (i.e. unplug everything, use the master socket, etc.).

I've been told that they may send a BTW engineer round, again.

No-one seems to be taking any notice of the fact that I've done all of this before, and the engineer cannot do anything when he visits because there is an invalid test number for my line.

I'm now sick of asking for assistance. I just look forward to those days when the connection works ok.

Jo