cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected for a week, no sign of progress

N/A

I have been disconnected for a week now. Apart from occasional scraps of information, much of which seems to actually be disinformation, there seems to be no progress on getting my connection back up again. I have put a more detailed description on ADSLGuide .

I have already been told that, as there is no SLA, I have no right to expect either resolution within a reasonable timeframe, nor compensation. PlusNet actually had the cheek to take my next monthly payment two days after I first notified them that I had no connection. So my question for this forum is: do they really have the right to do what they want, or is there some limit to the length of time they can deprive me of a service that they are charging me for?
1 REPLY
N/A

I have every sympathy with you, I was off for almost a week. The fault kept coming back from BT, and passed back to them as failing retest.

I insisted to my (former) ISP that an engineer present himself to my door. One duly arrived the next day, plugged in his test kit, and stroked his chin.

'I'll have to go to the exchange' he said. Within 10 minutes I was back on.