cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconecting Broadband

Andrea2006
Grafter

Disconecting Broadband

Why does my broadband connection keep disconnecting every 20 mins or so... ? Has been happening for around a week now, i am still on 2mb broadband so havent been upgraded to maxdsl yet so why i keep getting disconnectedHuh

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All Capitals title made lower case as it was akin to shouting in netiquette and agains the Link:rules
4 REPLIES
ferryman
Grafter

Re: DISCONNECTING BROADBAND

Why does my broadband connection keep disconnecting every 20 mins or so... ? Has been happening for around a week now, i am still on 2mb broadband so havent been upgraded to maxdsl yet so why i keep getting disconnectedHuh

Hi,

How do you know you haven't been upgraded to MaxDSL? Plusnet do not notify customers when it has been done. The symptoms you describe are typical of the training period of over 2 weeks while the BT software works out the highest speed possible for your line quality.

If you are using a router login to it and see what speed it says you are connecting at. If this is much higher than your fixed connection you've been maxed. Your actual download speed will not change until after the end of the training period (and not even then perhaps if BT doesn't fix a bug in its system.)

Good luck,
Terry
Andrea2006
Grafter

Disconecting Broadband

When i connect it comes up at the bottom of the taskbar 2.2 mbs.. it has done since the beginning..

My adsl modem keeps going into training mode meaning the internet is disconnected, sometimes even every 2 mins or so.. It used to be only a few times but now it is more often.
BigDaz
Grafter

Disconecting Broadband

Have you added anything to the line like a new phone or changed anything with your computer?
Andrea2006
Grafter

Disconecting Broadband

Nah, never changed anything.. Its not happening as much now, as it was last week, but still doing it sometimes.. Sad