cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit taking ages?

N/A

anyone know how long it should take for direct debit to be cleared? i did i orderd bband about a week ago and they said it would be cleared after about 2 days.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

for the first payment no idea, but think you have to allow 2-3 weeks for a new DD payment to be working fully. Which no-one tells you if changing from CC or switch to DD, soa chance a payment could be missed and you cut off.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

DD takes 5 working days to become active at the bank. After this is confirmed as active, then the first payment can be taken.

Note, some banks take longer to take, accept, setup and confirm both DD and taking DD payments.

As such, +net advise you to make the first payment via Credit/Debit card, and setup a DD to make further payments.

When making any sort of change to the way you make a payment, you should allways plan this, so that as little issues arrise as possible. Changing to DD just after making a payment via card is the bext method, as it has a whole month to replfect.
N/A

thanks for the help.

i would have used cc but i only have visa electron.

how much will the first payment be for the first months broadband and the modem, i know it was free for the modem but there was the £11 delivery or something, i didnt know the modem was the size of a car and delivery cost that much.
N/A

i didnt know the modem was the size of a car and delivery cost that much.

You are right, I did'nt believe you at first until I found the smallest link for P&P, £9.95 plus vat ! Maybe 'Crusher (Don't ask questions) Smith' has the delivery contract. Or perhaps it comes from deepest Mongolia via the space station. Someone has jacked the cost up beyond reason somewhere along the line.
N/A

You are right, I did'nt believe you at first until I found the smallest link for P&P, £9.95 plus vat ! Maybe 'Crusher (Don't ask questions) Smith' has the delivery contract. Or perhaps it comes from deepest Mongolia via the space station. Someone has jacked the cost up beyond reason somewhere along the line.

Wasn't there some announcement yesterday about Emergency Transit Maintenance Wink