cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty Connecting

N/A

Difficulty Connecting

Just lately I have been finding it difficult to log on to PlusNet, sometimes needing 4 or 5 attempts. As an alternative to IE6 I am using Opera (the free download) to see if it's any more reliable for first log on of the day. I notice that after being on for a while, logging off then comparing the two, Opera is much quicker to log back on with.

Overall performance seems pretty good at the moment, except for navigating the PlusNet Portal which still seems very slow compared with the rest of the 'net! Anyone know why?

Will let you know how Opera works out.
5 REPLIES
pianotuner

RE: Difficulty Connecting

I have the same trouble. Sometimes it takes several attempts, other times it flashes through in a second or two. I have learned to wait after starting up until the modem signals it has finished training, even then it can sometimes be difficult.

Opera is a good browser, but somehow not quite as convenient as I.E.

I agree, the Plus Net site is very slow to negotiate!

Robert Wilson.

> Just lately I have been finding it difficult to log on to PlusNet, sometimes needing 4 or 5 attempts. As an alternative to IE6 I am using Opera (the free download) to see if it's any more reliable for first log on of the day. I notice that after being on for a while, logging off then comparing the two, Opera is much quicker to log back on with.
>
> Overall performance seems pretty good at the moment, except for navigating the PlusNet Portal which still seems very slow compared with the rest of the 'net! Anyone know why?
>
> Will let you know how Opera works out.

N/A

Mozilla or Opera are both infinetly better than IE, they're both quicker and have far more options to tweak. Mozilla especially is getting rave reviews right now, so give it a shot as well.
N/A

Hi,

it took 30 seconds to load this page - I know, 'cos Opera kindly counted it for me. Sad Will try again in IE6.

N/A

Ha!

3 seconds in IE6, but the forum log on is still slow. :confused
N/A

OK, Browser wars it is, then. I now have Mozilla and Netscape, none of which will really help if the problems are on the other side of my BT wall box. Using Mozilla at the moment, though, looks like a good browser, thanks! Smiley