cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I Do It Correctly???

N/A

Did I Do It Correctly???

Hello to you all firstly Cheesy I got rather confused when first signing up for the 1 mbit line. I already have adsl 576/288 with BT, so i went for the upgrade option, which was obviously incorrect. So I have just gone for the full activation instead, now, it says that i will have to wait 7 to 10 days for activation, do i contact my isp and tell them to dissconect me now, or can i do this nearer the activation date from +net? Dont wanna be offline too long, you know how it is ? Smiley
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Did I Do It Correctly???

Your original install wasn't a BT engineer install was it? If it was then it is a disconnect and re-provide, then Again if it fails. So you better make sure as your hit for a disconnect/reconnect fee each time and if BT engineer install then at there inflated prices.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Did I Do It Correctly???

so, what your saying is, is that i need to contact BT and get them to completly disconnect me? and then plus net could try my line, which could fail the 1mbit test? and then i would have to then pay a further reconnection fee to BT to get my old line back? am i understanding you correctly?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Did I Do It Correctly???

basically yes and pay the BT reconnection fee, but if it was DIY then you only pay the connection/regrade fee, but not sure if you upgrade fails then if you pay for the reconnection to BT on 50:1, if that happens probably better to do a switch to PN
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017