cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial up when broadband not working

N/A

This morning my broadband connection wouldn't connect.

After trying for an hour, rebooting router and pc. I gave up.

It got me wondering about using dialup for urgent connections, or trying to find out if there is a recognised problem via Status checker.

Can Broadband users just use dialup if necessary?

I found the phone number 0845 1400101 which seems to be the dialup number for PAYG.

Will an ordinary Dialup connection work with my username and password, or would I need to set up another Dialup account?

Never had the need previously as I just used my old Freeserve account, but it is well and trully defunct now Sad
4 REPLIES
N/A

Well let's put it this way.... I can get in to PN using dialup with my broadband id and password so I should think you can too!
Community Veteran

Re: Dial up when broadband not working

Can Broadband users just use dialup if necessary?

Yes you can still connect via your 56k modem using your username and password.
Bear im mind though that while using dial up you will be paying for tha call at effectively local rate.
canny
Grafter

As others have said the dial-up works with your normal login - sadly I'm using it right now thanks to the continued cock-up with my ADSL account.

*sigh*
N/A

please note it's not local rate anymore (free for a lot of people) it is a lo-call rate , ie 1p/min at weekends, 3p /min in the week I think, no maximum of 5.5p here like for local calls