cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial up number for ADSL temp use?

beskar
Grafter

Dial up number for ADSL temp use?

I seem to remember Plusnet saying that ADSL users could also connect via 56k analog modem if they needed to. Anyone know the number/procedure?

Thanks
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Dial up number for ADSL temp use?

> I seem to remember Plusnet saying that ADSL users could also connect via 56k analog modem if they needed to. Anyone know the number/procedure?
>
> Thanks
>

The number I use for backup is 0845 1402000. I believe there are other numbers available, I think you can view these from the portal, but can't remember exactly which menu its on at this point. You need to have your old dialup modem selected for this connectiion in DUN.

Melodytune
N/A

> > I seem to remember Plusnet saying that ADSL users could also connect via 56k analog modem if they needed to. Anyone know the number/procedure?

The number I use is 0845 140 0101.
beskar
Grafter

Thanks folks, I'll try both numbers
N/A

How can 0845 number be a back up when you get charged for it by BT?

Back to the old days of 4 p a min. no way.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

If PlusNet were decent, they would provide a FREE dialup number, these 0845 numbers are not free, just like the old days again, they give you phone bills the longer you use them the higher it goes.

Proper back up would be a 0808 number..... FREE
--
Jason
=====
N/A

In saying that.. you dont need to be a member of any internet group to get onto a 0845 number.

For example: 0845 6091370 is UK2 NET's access number anyone can use this number to dialin to internet under any username or any password, without having or paying an internet subscription and it still works.
But the con is the same.
IT IS NOT A FREE NUMBER.

--
Jason
=====
N/A

Infact UK2.Net encourage me to give this phone number out to all my friends.

Wonder why? because the internet companies make money of them, along with BT they get a share.

I would have thought a fair way to provide people with ADSL who can't access, would be to offer them a 0808 number as backup.. no charges etc.

I used this 0845 number alot when PlusNet was all messed up last time with the other fat pipe, anf YES i got a phone bill i shoulsnt have had.

Anyway mark down that UK2.net access number aswell.
any user name and any password get you acccess.

See their homepage http://uk2.net
you buy a domain you are given this number and told to give it to your friends to use.
--
Jason
=====