cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial up access and ADSL. at the same time.

andyharvey

Is it possible to dial in to Plusnet and be connected via ADSL at the same time?

I want to be able to connect to the internet using my mobile phone when I'm not at home and access my home PC via the ADSL connection.

I currently have a static address on my dial up account. Will my ADSL IP address be the same or will my dialup become a dynamic address?

Thanks
--
Andy
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yes you can but not using the same login name.
Best way is to open up a free account in another log in name then you can run both at the same time.
Community Veteran

Or just use the username signup and password signup. This will allow you to connect via dialup.

Chris
Community Veteran

Sorry Chris you've lost me here. :?
Are you saying that you can sign in using the same username and password on both ADSL and Dial up at the same time :?:
I seem to recall from a thread some time ago that this was not possible. :!:
Community Veteran

No Im not saying that.

Yes you can use your ADSL account for dialup, but not while your ADSL is connected. Use the username signup as the dialup username. Basically you can use almost any combination of usernames and passwords to dialup to 0845 as long as you present CLI.

Chris
Community Veteran

Ah! Ok it was just that the original question was asking if it was possible to use ADSL and Dial up at the same time so I assumed that you were meaning that you could have both connected at once with the same user name.

But yes as you say you can still use still dial up with your existing username even though your line will support ADSL.