cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Icons

N/A

Desktop Icons

All,

Having just installed my Conexant PCI ADSL modem and had no problems whatsoever, I feel I must find something to complain about.

Two seconds later, there it is...

DESKTOP ICONS

I have a clean desktop, but the Conexant modem seems determined that I should have two icons on there to control my modem.

I don't want them, I would rather access the programs through my Start menu.

Does anybody know how to turn them off?

Regards

Rob
5 REPLIES
elton
Grafter

RE: Desktop Icons

Delete them.

> All,
>
> Having just installed my Conexant PCI ADSL modem and had no problems whatsoever, I feel I must find something to complain about.
>
> Two seconds later, there it is...
>
> DESKTOP ICONS
>
> I have a clean desktop, but the Conexant modem seems determined that I should have two icons on there to control my modem.
>
> I don't want them, I would rather access the programs through my Start menu.
>
> Does anybody know how to turn them off?
>
> Regards
>
> Rob

--
Skonko!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> All,
>
> Having just installed my Conexant PCI ADSL modem and had no problems whatsoever, I feel I must find something to complain about.
>
> Two seconds later, there it is...
>
> DESKTOP ICONS
>
> I have a clean desktop, but the Conexant modem seems determined that I should have two icons on there to control my modem.
>
> I don't want them, I would rather access the programs through my Start menu.
>
> Does anybody know how to turn them off?
>
> Regards
>
> Rob

you have too edit the registery too get rid of them, cant remember which but you should find th einfo in the adslguide forum @ http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> you have too edit the registery too get rid of them, cant remember which but you should find th einfo in the adslguide forum @ http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/

hmm had a quick look and found an easier answer but that is if you dont allow hidden files viewable.

Just change the icon property and add the Hidden Attribute
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
espresso_mick
Grafter

Oh My God!

That's all i'm saying about this unbelievable thread.
N/A