cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denial of Service.... Plusnet?

N/A

Call me paranoid but virtually EVERY time I use offpeak P2P and am not sat infront of the PC I get up to find that my client Azuereus has the "Service unavailable etc.." and I have to reboot.. Evil

I am using a firewall and antivirus/spyware app..

If I am using the PC I never get this prob just seems to be when its unattended..

Now is there anyway I can stop this or TRACE were the prob is.. :?:

Answers much appreciated..
6 REPLIES
oliverb
Grafter

You should check your firewall first, some have a facility to raise security settings when the computer is unattended.

Check you don't have anything that could cause heavy net activity when the computer is idle.

Also check you don't have a screensaver that brings all other processes to a standstill when it runs. I don't think it happens much nowadays but I used to see it a lot.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

May also be worth trying a different client, for example uTorrent, if that doesn't work. If you only download from one source try something else from a different tracker. It could be if it's a "503" error that the tracker goes down overnight and Azureus doesn't try and reconnect to it.
N/A

Well me and my BIG mouth :shock:
Just got home to find the same prob after leaving the PC downloading a torrent(more like dribble really)

mmmmm.. now forgive me for being even more paranoid but really is strange that after I post this prob I get the first ever repeat of prob during the day !!

Well I think somebody is having a laugh..

Sorry forgot to say thanks for the replies I will look into both suggestions.. I`ll have a good read about firewalls/proxies etc and try a different client..
N/A

Hi would changing the IP of the PC help (on fixed IP) also would changing ports that are forwarded for Azuerus help..?

Should I enable Plusnet` own firewall or will that affect my P2P?

Dunno much about configuring the router firewall but have just turned on the "attack" log for the router..
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I wouldn't have thought that changing the IP would be the cause, but you never know. Same with the port, I wouldn't think that would be the cause unless you've picked a port that's used by something else.

I'd suggest taking a look at:

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/FAQ

as it may help, or trying a different client in case the problem lies with Azureus.
N/A

This could again be the tcip limit in sp2 to fix problems with P2P after XP SP2. SP2 reduces tcpip to 10 connections only, often causing problems with P2P. You may even get a error Event ID 4226 this patch solves the problem http://www.lvllord.de/

If you exceed your limit then you wont be able to get anymore connection which sound like your error