cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Degraded connection - what happened to the support staff?

N/A

I raised a ticket last night (2034891Cool about the random disconnects on my connection, but have yet to receive a reply.

There was a time when you could call support at PlusNet and get an answer and they would work diligently (and effectively) to sort it out. Where have they gone? I have to get through a barrage of menus before being told that someone will contact me. Hasn't happened yet and am getting v. frustrated here.

On top of my random disconnects (which have eased a little thanks to the DNS solution but are still occurring ) I am now connecting to PlusNet at 160kbps! What going on!? Have you moved me onto the Tiscal LLU network when I specifically asked you not to? Is anyone else getting this?

PlusNet, over the years I haven't bothered you much if at all. My MaxADSL upgrade went through very well back in April so why has it all gone to pot now? Someone please call me this morning and sort this out.

Alex - until recently a happy customer since 2003

PS: apologies if this is "ranty" and a little off topic.
12 REPLIES
N/A

I'm not as badly off as you Alex, but about a month ago my sync speed in the evenings dropped from a minimum of 3500 to 3200, dropping my bras to 2500. I can still sync at 4000+ during the daytime, and none of my stats have changed. But as these are resyncs caused by the BTw system, moving ISP would do nothing to help me.
Tickets still work, but there is a wait. I don't know how long the wait is now, as I've got teo ongoing tickets for over a month. Until this year I was a happy customer with no problems who'd only used Support once by phone, and was answered with the problem resolved within 2 minutes.
N/A

I'm not as badly off as you Alex, but about a month ago my sync speed in the evenings dropped from a minimum of 3500 to 3200, dropping my bras to 2500. I can still sync at 4000+ during the daytime, and none of my stats have changed. But as these are resyncs caused by the BTw system, moving ISP would do nothing to help me.
Tickets still work, but there is a wait. I don't know how long the wait is now, as I've got teo ongoing tickets for over a month. Until this year I was a happy customer with no problems who'd only used Support once by phone, and was answered with the problem resolved within 2 minutes.
N/A

I don't know how long the wait is now, as I've got teo ongoing tickets for over a month. Until this year I was a happy customer with no problems who'd only used Support once by phone, and was answered with the problem resolved within 2 minutes.

Reading your post is very interesting. Like you I had been part of the "silent majority" of customers who never had cause for complaint, receiving a solid service. I think whats irked me more than anything else is the fact that you can't seem to call PlusNet anymore. Have they bitten off more than they can chew? Speculation on my part I guess...

I just wish they'd respond like they used to...

Like many users of PlusNet, I don't want to faff about waiting for an answer. Users' time is too precious for that.
N/A

My worst fears were confirmed. They moved me onto the Tiscal LLU network (hence I suspect why I have been getting connection issues).

I have asked them to move me back onto the BT network (which worked solidly).

Has anyone managed to get PlusNet to do this successfully?
N/A

Don't believe it is Tiscali, I have been having disconnections since I signed up in July and I am on the BT network, this morning at least 6 times. Even took 3 attempts to cancel my account and ask for a MAC code. I have been as patient as I can, but enough's enough. Make that 8 times this morning.
N/A

Noel, that's also very interesting to hear.

I got a message from Martin who was very helpful. Cheesy

They have lowered the max speed down to 1Mb and will raise it gradually provided there is enough stability, which seems fair enough.

I wonder why this has happened now when I have enjoyed solid and reliable broadband at 6.8Mb since April. :?:
N/A

There is something seriously wrong somewhere, but we're not be told the full story in my opinion, I can't carry on with this, I have been on the internet for 7 years and know when things are not as they should be. I wish the old idea of a free 1 month trial was still in use. Then at least there is some pressure to have a good service provided. Good luck to everyone else, but luck is not the missing ingredient I'm afraid.
pennymachines
Dabbler

Having already given PM my leaving card only to discover they are no longer even attempting to issue macs, I'm told today that Tiscali just changed my line profile to ADSL2 to resolve the fault.

The result so far: in place of random disconnects I get the occassional brief connection. Been off most of today until about half an hour ago.
N/A

My connection as been down most of the day, and my speed is as low as 49 both ways, dial up speed, I have cancelled and told them to keep their MAC code, I think they will go bust soon, it's a shambles.
N/A

I've changed to static IP. Having read this thread though I don't have much hope now. I have to rely on my neighbours unsecured connection !!!
N/A

I am lucky that I have a cable connection already in my home, so that's where I am going, and I am going to inform BT why they are losing a very long term customer.PN have implied everyone is at fault but them, even to the point of a particular ISP being named. I know something is wrong and so do others, but we're being kept in the dark I think.
N/A

From late May until a month ago I had a good connection with max at 3 mb/s bras but now, for some strange reason, I sync at 4000 during the day solid but drop sometimes to 3200 every evening. My stats haven't changed, apart from more CRC errors.
So, not bad as I only had under 1 mb before Max, and at 59 db attenuation a 3 mb profile is pushing it a bit.
I don't know what happened to my line though. When bb was first affordable and there was a 3 km line length limit, I was just on the edge. Now I'm under 2 km from my exchange as the crow flies and I have the attenuation of a line of at least 5 km.
If only a bras profile waited three days before being reduced and a few minutes before increasing if the line is stable for over 90% of the time at the higher rate.

BTW if anyone is on LLU, has a poor connection and hasn't turned off their router and rebooted, that's the advice after maintenance work this weekend, and there has been a power outage at telehouse (again).