cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define 'Exchange'

N/A

Define 'Exchange'

I'm curious. I see people communicationg about being X miles from their Exchange but how would we know 'where' our Exchange is? BT have shown me that the village i live in is separate from the town three miles away so there must be one around. Something I've noticed when I was trekking upt he road was a small brick hut bearing the BT logo. I don't know, could this be the Exchange?
10 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Define 'Exchange'

It could be yes ! try Here to trace your exchange which will give you your exchange location and stats

If you want to see your exchange status then check Here and enter your phone number
N/A

Define 'Exchange'

lol. I checked it, got the post code and found that I was spot on! It's 1.4 kms away. Also I was intrigued by this.

368 residential premises
60 non-residential premises

What does that mean for me?
N/A

Define 'Exchange'

The figures should give the number of premises served by that exchange, though this may not be up to date.

The non residential premises could include some farms as well as other business premises, in the case of a rural area.
N/A

Define 'Exchange'

So looking at those figures what does that mean for my contention?
Community Veteran

Define 'Exchange'

What is the name or exchange code for your exchange? Should be listed somewhere on the page. Someone can then help interperet the results.

Chris
N/A

Define 'Exchange'

fyfield Exchange. [Link]
LiamM
Grafter

Define 'Exchange'

Crumbs.... your exchange is tiny.

"368 residential premises
60 non-residential premises"

Status is Green so should be no contention issues at the exchange level. Could still be through BT's network though.
N/A

Define 'Exchange'

What does it mean if it's with BT? Because it is. Shocked
Ziggur
Grafter

Define 'Exchange'

try Here to trace your exchange which will give you your exchange location and stats

Not always :!:

I just looked at mine. This site locates the exchange in a residential garage in a different road about 600 metres away from its real position.

This is a very small village and there is only one exchange and it's just down the lane from me and not in Andy Pengelly's garage :?
N/A

Define 'Exchange'

The Maps on the Samknows website are not meant to be accruate.

This is related to a location data issue. The Long/Lat figures are in one dattum, whilst Google maps API uses a different dattum.