cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decibel Levels

N/A

Decibel Levels

I'm wondering if there is any way to test the dB on a line without using a router?

On a friends computer just now with the Speedtouch 330 (Yes, he is BT!).

I just want to know what other product he could go for.

I will migrate him to Plus.net once his contract is up!!

Craig
5 REPLIES
N/A

Decibel Levels

If you're on PlusNet you can raise a ticket requesting a whoosh ticket - however, obviously, you need to be actually connected to PlusNet Cheesy I'm not sure if BT would do a test, but it might be worth asking their CS department..
lowry
Grafter

Decibel Levels

You can raise a ticket and get a whoosh test performed like Chris suggest (I did this myself a while back). However, due to the Data Protection Act (if I recall correctly) only the ISP that provides the ADSL service to the line can perform whoosh test and look at your line stats - so BT will need to be contacted for your friend.

If you are connected when the whoosh test is performed you will loose synch for a few seconds.

matt Wink
N/A

Decibel Levels

A modems will give you a db figure as well as a router will. e.g. I have a Intel Anypoint 3240 modem that came with BT Openworld last year and that gives all the stats that routers do.
N/A

Decibel Levels

Next time, I can ask our IT upstairs to do the Woosh... or take my nice little D-Link router to have a look :lol:

Craig
Community Veteran

Decibel Levels

A modems will give you a db figure as well as a router will. e.g. I have a Intel Anypoint 3240 modem that came with BT Openworld last year and that gives all the stats that routers do.

Unfortunately not all modems or even all routers give you the line figures. Cry