cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decent speeds AM, rubish slow speeds PM

N/A

Is anyone else now getting this problem?
I know loads were getting the very slow speeds over the weekend but , my speeds went back to normal on Monday morning. Monday afternoon they went back to between slow and dead stop? This morning (Tuesday) they're back up again?

Can someone also tell me how you know if you're on LLU?

Looks like I may be trying Freedom2surf, anyone tried these?

Thanks
Ade Evil
10 REPLIES
N/A

I have only just joined, I've had repetetive disconnections, but my speed appears quite stable, does drop now and then, fastest 3.7 I have asked to leave because the customer service is terrible, I am at present waiting my MAC code. I will say someone did try to persuade me to give them a chance to sort things out if I carried their tests. Not having spare router or filter and not wishing to mess with telephone sockets makes it impossible to do so, so what's the point of staying in this day of multi choice? At present all as gone silent from them, God knows what will happen next!!!!
Highlighted
N/A

According to a previous post, all LLU connections go through the 'ptn-ag1' gateway. You can find out what gateway you're on by visiting ..

http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway
N/A

Your upstream speed as reported by your hardware would also be a good indication.

In terms of speed issues. Good speeds in the morning folowed by slower speeds in the evening is a classic example of contention at an exchange.

Are the slowdowns noticable when browsing or downloading via http or other applications?
N/A

The slow speeds were noticed from some time mid-afternoon and right through the night on P2P file sharing, not on web browsing etc. When I logged back on in the morning, it was okay.

I'm waitnig to see what happens this afternoon?
aetos
Grafter

I am getting the same problem as your self

Have a look at my thread "Rates on Max"

I would suggest raising a ticket as something is wrong somewhere

I go from 6MB to 975kb

How long have you been on Max ??

MArk
N/A

Hi Mark,

don't know what Max is, let alone how long I've been on it.

Took ages this morning to get anywhere within the Plusnet site.
P2P down to between 1 and 0Kb again. I was thinking it may be the PC but other sites come up fine within 1 to 3 secs. Plus net was taking up to 2 to 3 minutes between pages, then I got fed up and tried the laptop.

I tried to get to open a ticket but was taking so long to move about I gave up. Even that's not simple to do. I haven't found out how to open a ticket yet.

Seems weird, a joke of a service, they don't sort out their tickets, you can't cancel the service because I wouldn't know where to start, as you can't get to talk to anyone or email anyone.

I thought about getting something like this for my son for Christmas, he always wanted a cowboy outfit!

(Sorry for the rant, but that's how I now feel.)

Cheers mate, any help you can give would be gratefully recieved.
Ade
Gorvul
Grafter

P2P down to between 1 and 0Kb again. I was thinking it may be the PC but other sites come up fine within 1 to 3 secs.

I don't think it's a problem at your end, if that's any consolation, or reassurance, as I'm having the same problem with P2P. I raised a question about it on Monday night, and I also find the methods of trying to contact Plusnet quite confusing and frustrating, and too complicated.
I think they are having some serious problems at the moment. Maybe they think they'll lose more customers if they tell us the severity of their problems clearly, or lose financial support on the stock market, which might be quite serious. I'm just guessing though.
I really hope that all these problems are temporary and that it won't mean the end for PN. That would be a shame really.
I notice that PN staff don't seem to post at these forums. I seem to remember that they used to.
I sometimes wander into other forums like PUG - I think they post there more often.
N/A

To tell if you are LLU'd or not, you can refer to the upstream sync speed reported by your router/modem.

U/s is 448 on Max, 832 on Max Premium.

800 on Tiscali.
Posted here
N/A

James, you said,

"you can refer to the upstream sync speed reported by your router/modem."

Might seem a stupid question but here goes:

What is that and how do you find it?

Ade :roll:
shellsong
Grafter

You can get it from your modem/router stats-- if you need help to find them out a first port of call might be http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm Wink