cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 18...

N/A

Day 18...

Alas, still no sign of a line activation... Have tried contacting support by telephone on a few occassions this a.m. but am fed up of sitting on hold.

Does anybody have any idea when I can expect to be activated - I know the first order was rejected by BT, but this is day 10 for the second attempt. Starting to get a bit frustrating when friends on the same exchange [but different ISP] have been activated in around a week. Come on PlusNet, please chase this for me - even an estimate would be nice rather than just being in limbo.
TIA
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Day 18...

This is now with our provisioning department who will chase BT on this. As soon as we have any furtherinformation we will be back in contact with you.

Kind regard

Kevin

--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> This is now with our provisioning department who will chase BT on this. As soon as we have any furtherinformation we will be back in contact with you.
>
> Kind regard
>
> Kevin
>
>
> --
> --
> | Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
>

Thanks for the speedy update [and to ticket] - look forward to speedy response or action from our 'friends' BT :-)
N/A

> Thanks for the speedy update [and to ticket] - look forward to speedy response or action from our 'friends' BT :-)
>

LOL don't hold ya breath! I'm now on day 18 of having my ADSL go down and day 4 of waiting for a response from BT.

All in all I've spent 9 days online and 18 offline over the last month:-)

Hope I get my service tomorrow cause I have the day off and was gunna surf the net.

--
Homerlovesbeer mmmmmmmmmm beer
N/A

At least you've experienced a connection even if you've lost it now...! :-) It's just a distant dream for me at the moment.

After my latest 'chat' with support, I was prepared to be patient a little longer, but I've been ruminating over this all afternoon and am starting to get seriously annoyed at the lack of information coming through. This has been exacerbated by a talking to a friend who was activated in five days flat, with free connection and a free DSL modem in the bundle with a different ISP. He even found out when his line test was planned in for, and had an estimated activation date and time!

BT [should] have now had this second order for activation for 7 working days, 10 in total. I distinctly remember seeing '5 working days or less' to the 'how long will it take for my line to be activated for ADSL' Q on the ADSL faq page [if you don't believe me - http://www.plus.net/info2/whatisadsl/adsl_faq2.html#3]

I'm pretty sure BT haven't even done the line test - unless they now have a way of doing the test without dropping my line... Come on PlusNet - can somebody tell me what the delay is in English please? I can't take being fobbed off anymore.

The last comment on my current support ticket just said 'provisioning are liasing with BT over this' Why the liasing?! What does this mean??!!! Is there a problem??!!

I can actually see my exchange from my house, and walk past it regularly, which makes it even more frustrating! (It's less than 400m away as the crow flies) Should I just wander down and see what's going on?!

Please PlusNet ADSL guys, if anybody feels they can give me some clear answers, I would love to talk to them direct. Please don't make me more frustrated than I am already - currently feel like cancelling the whole lot - and day 19 is just around the corner... and I've not long referred somebody to you guys!
N/A

My advice?

Next time u see the BT van at the exchange, slip them a fiver and you'll be connected in about 10 minsSmiley

I am currently scanning for BT vans as we speak..............ah there's one now

--
Homerlovesbeer mmmmmmmmmm beer
N/A

I'm not sure how BT do their tests. I signed up on Thursday. And within about 2 hours, it had gone to the "Activating your line" stage.

On Saturday, my line went dead. I went round the shops, and when I got back, I picked up the phone and heard a women saying "1,2,3,4. 1,2,3,4.". I think that was part of the line test.

Either that, or my phone has been tapped Cheesy
pgudge
Grafter

first off, do you have a modem? if so get it hooked up and see if it can see the exchange.

My mate had the same, but not for 18 days, sorry to hear about it. He waited around 10 days.

I gave him my alcatel modem and after about 3 days the exchange light was on. So he contacted PlusNet and they just said, "no, it's not ready yet".

PlusNet said they would get on to BT and get back to us with any news. They never did.

My mate is normally quite shy on the phone, but I dont care. I contacted BT and asked for the department dealing with ADSL activations etc etc. They couldn't put me through to them so I got the closest. And simply put it to them.

"I am waiting to get ADSL, have been waiting 10 days, you said 7. The exchange is accessable through the modem."

<wait for ******>

"I can get cable in my area (even if you can't still say it), cable is only a few pounds more. Do I get this or wait for you to send note back to PlusNet to enable the account"

PlusNet contacted mi mate the next day and said the account has been enabled, and asked him to test it, whilst on the phone to them. So either BT got off there arses or PlusNet was very nice to him and enabled it anyway.

Problem is PlusNet can enable your account at anytime, but if BT find out they did it with out getting note back from BT they can get there hands smacked.

Paul G
N/A

:-) Have now got a date for activation... 27th [of this month] so 'hopefully' only 2 more days to wait.

I'm from the school of 'trust nobody' so I have been checking the status light on my DSL modem for the last week to no avail!!

I'll post a positive comment on the board once I'm activated - which will be the 27th and no later won't it PlusNet??!!!

Cheers guys.