cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datastream (what's it all about)

N/A

I saw somewhere a while back now, that if you wanted a higher speed you didn'y nee d to go through the normal channels but you could have datastream. Sorry if I don't make myself very clear but as I say it has been a while since I saw this. I'm desperate for a higher connection speed but I'm to far away from the exchange to get 1 or 2mbit in the normal way. Any help or advice to who or what company provide this servicde, although I do remember there were problems with this. Wink
2 REPLIES
N/A

DataStream and IPStreams are the delivery methods used for the data, once it is in your local BT Exchange.

IPStream is where BT manages all the data until the very last moment before ti is handed to your ISP.

DataStream is where your ISP takes care of the means and costs of transporting the data accross the UK to there offices, from the moment it gets to your exchange.

Both IPStream and DataStream use the same equipment within the exchange, and are both limited to distance.

DataStream will not provide any better chances of being delivered with services of 512Kb, if you can't get over that with IPStream.
N/A

You may also have seen jottings about Local Loop systems such as Bulldog in central London. Fine if you live in central London but no use elsewhere.