cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dabs actiontec external usb modem.

N/A

Hi all,
I just picked up one of these external usb modems form dabs.com as they're dead cheap. Having some problems getting it working though.

It's installed correctly (or so win xp says so..) and I have the settings set to vc mux for encapsulation. vpi =0 and vci = 38. Don't know what to use for it's modulation though and Its throwing errors on trying to connect.

Has anyone else any experience with them?

Thanks,

Marty
8 REPLIES
N/A

Re:actiontec

Did you set it to pp0A and not pp0E?
send me the settings that you have.
N/A

the config option for it doesn't show up pp0a just pp0e, vcmux and rfc something or other... (not at home at the minute so don't know for sure...) however in the network settings from control panel says its pp0a. I have it set to vc mux under it's own config application.

vci=38, vpi=0 and modulation to g.dmt.

have you one of these modems yourself?
N/A

I have one of these modem/router/wireless/firewall Actiontec things. I'm not using it now but it sync to the line OK, I'm just not sure what to do next so am waiting for the official plus.net email.

matt
N/A

got it working mate... not exactly sure how.... i just fiddle and re-intalled the drivers about 90 times and suddenly lo-and-behold....
N/A

Well, i'm slightly worried about mine. I'm assuming the email from plus.net is purely a formality and that after the line syncs you're home free. :roll:

I've set my modem to the correct settings, as follows: PPoA, VPI=0, VCI=38, G.DMT

Can't find any references to vc mux in the setup. :? I am using Mac OS X (10.3.1) if that makes any difference. :?:

What do I have to do for the modem to connect to plus.net? Just plug it in, or is there some hidden connection button somewhere in my software?

matt
N/A

right basically what I did was totally uninstall the thing completely...
then I just put the driver disc in and followed the instructions exactly. this did seem to work.... not sure if the disc is mac compatible though...

to be honest that modem is a piece of dirt really... wish I had never bought it.

do you mean the email saying your adsl is activated? if so then if the settings are right it *should* work..... you just have to create a dial up connection for it and then use it to connect.

let me know how you get on.....
N/A

i can't use the installer as I am on a Mac, i'll just wait for the "activated!" email and see what happens.
N/A

May I refer you to my reply in another thread:

http://www.yakyak.org/viewtopic.php?p=187969#187969

matt