cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dabs Router / Line Problem

N/A

Dabs Router / Line Problem

I have bought a cheapo dabs router and my adsl line is supposedly activated. The problem I have is sometimes the show time light flashes (no dsl connectivity) and sometimes it is contantly on (good speed indicated in ADSL section of router). I can not get it to connect to anywhere (including the bt test account). If I run a diagnostic check (when the show time light is on) it fails at the PPP stage.
Please help somebody!!!
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Dabs Router / Line Problem

> I have bought a cheapo dabs router and my adsl line is supposedly activated. The problem I have is sometimes the show time light flashes (no dsl connectivity) and sometimes it is contantly on (good speed indicated in ADSL section of router). I can not get it to connect to anywhere (including the bt test account). If I run a diagnostic check (when the show time light is on) it fails at the PPP stage.
> Please help somebody!!!

Hi,

i too have the DABS router (AMX CA-64E) and have Plusnet as ISP. I was confirmed my connection on Weds 29th May but have not been able to connect yet.

Have you checked your settings using the screen shots from www.farina1.com/amx ? i found this quite helpful.

Hopefullly my connection will resolved soon.

Good Luck

mr_a
N/A

RE: Dabs Router / Line Problem

You say the line is activated but has you account be activated as this will cause the fail at the PPP stage? PlusNet do this after BT have confirmed the line is ready.
I am using the Dabs router and it is working well. I used the settings from the farina web site to set it up.

> I have bought a cheapo dabs router and my adsl line is supposedly activated. The problem I have is sometimes the show time light flashes (no dsl connectivity) and sometimes it is contantly on (good speed indicated in ADSL section of router). I can not get it to connect to anywhere (including the bt test account). If I run a diagnostic check (when the show time light is on) it fails at the PPP stage.
> Please help somebody!!!