cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dabs Conexant 4 port router config

N/A

Dabs Conexant 4 port router config

I have the Dabs 4 port router and am trying to set it up with PlusNet Home ADSL.

Does anyone have a list/screenshots of all the settings that are needed (i.e. specific to PlusNet)?

I've seen the screenshots on the www.adslguide.org.uk but don't know what IP settings to specify etc.

Also, how do you configure MS Explorer 6 to connect via ADSL (rather than Dial-Up networking) under Win XP?

Hope someone else has set up this modem/router successfully 'cos I'm stumped . . .

Andy
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Dabs Conexant 4 port router config

> I have the Dabs 4 port router and am trying to set it up with PlusNet Home ADSL.
>
> Does anyone have a list/screenshots of all the settings that are needed (i.e. specific to PlusNet)?
>
> I've seen the screenshots on the www.adslguide.org.uk but don't know what IP settings to specify etc.
>
> Also, how do you configure MS Explorer 6 to connect via ADSL (rather than Dial-Up networking) under Win XP?
>
> Hope someone else has set up this modem/router successfully 'cos I'm stumped . . .
>
> Andy

Hi Andy, I've got this router and it works very well. I used the screen shots from ADSL guide to set it up.

You dont need to set up an IP address on the WAN side of the router, this is allocated to you by Plus as the router logs on.

You need to set up your PC to obtain an IP address automatically,(Network properties, select your network card, properties, IP address tab) assuming you have set the router to be your DHCP server (I think it is the default setting anyway).

To set up IE go to control panel, Internet options, connections tab, set the option to "Never dial a connection". At the bottom of that same page is the LAN settings button, press this and just check that none of the boxes are ticked or filled in.

I hope the above is reasonably clear, if not try the forums and the FAQs at ADSL guide they are very good.

Casey
N/A

OK, some more questions:

What IP do you use for the Router (I have 10.0.0.2)?

Do you use a Normal UTP or Crossover UTP cable to connect the Router to the PC?

What is the default gateway (on XP Home under Advanced TCP/IP settings)?
N/A

> OK, some more questions:
>
> What IP do you use for the Router (I have 10.0.0.2)?
>
> Do you use a Normal UTP or Crossover UTP cable to connect the Router to the PC?
>
> What is the default gateway (on XP Home under Advanced TCP/IP settings)?

The router IP you are using is OK, I use a different one but as it's for your own home network it doesn't really matter.

With the Dabs Conexant you can use either cable, the router auto senses which you are using and adjusts accordingly (pretty good for such a cheap piece of kit!)

The default gateway is the IP address of your router.(10.0.0.2)

Keep going it's worth it !

Casey
N/A

Keith

If I try and enter a blank IP address it complains about it, am I right in thinking you enter 0.0.0.0, same subnet mask?

Kevin

> > I have the Dabs 4 port router and am trying to set it up with PlusNet Home ADSL.
> >
> > Does anyone have a list/screenshots of all the settings that are needed (i.e. specific to PlusNet)?
> >
> > I've seen the screenshots on the www.adslguide.org.uk but don't know what IP settings to specify etc.
> >
> > Also, how do you configure MS Explorer 6 to connect via ADSL (rather than Dial-Up networking) under Win XP?
> >
> > Hope someone else has set up this modem/router successfully 'cos I'm stumped . . .
> >
> > Andy
>
> Hi Andy, I've got this router and it works very well. I used the screen shots from ADSL guide to set it up.
>
> You dont need to set up an IP address on the WAN side of the router, this is allocated to you by Plus as the router logs on.
>
> You need to set up your PC to obtain an IP address automatically,(Network properties, select your network card, properties, IP address tab) assuming you have set the router to be your DHCP server (I think it is the default setting anyway).
>
> To set up IE go to control panel, Internet options, connections tab, set the option to "Never dial a connection". At the bottom of that same page is the LAN settings button, press this and just check that none of the boxes are ticked or filled in.
>
> I hope the above is reasonably clear, if not try the forums and the FAQs at ADSL guide they are very good.
>
> Casey

N/A

Having just struggled through setting up the same router tonight, and succeeded much to my amazement.

My experiences would suggest Yes to 0.0.0.0, I don't think the subnet matters much - if you continue to have problems try subnet0.0.0.0 as well.

Martin

> Keith
>
> If I try and enter a blank IP address it complains about it, am I right in thinking you enter 0.0.0.0, same subnet mask?