cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSLMax and BBYW Opt 2 and 8MB bandwidth

N/A

On April 10 I entered a request to receive 'Up to 8MB' service. and the raised ticket was responded with
We acknowledge your request to be regraded to DSLMax as a priority and will endeavour to submit your order ASAP.

Two days later (timing??) Plusnet offered the new packages BBYW. Seemed like an ok deal, so I submitted an upgrade request which was completed that afternoon, according to the raised ticket. I was changed to "PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 2 (Monthly Contract) with included 8GB bandwidth".

Is the 8MB the DSLMax above? Reason I ask - is do I need to make any settings to my router. As of last night I can no longer make any connections. Router (SAR715+) comes up as saying all is ok, but I can not connect to anything out of the house. Because I haven't used the PC since April 10 - I don't know it it is a coincidence, or related to the upgrade, or something else?

Thanks
2 REPLIES
N/A

DSLMax/ MaxDSL is the up to 8 Mbps service.

During the first ten days the line will enter "training mode" and line speeds will vary, disconnects are also likely. The purpose of this training period is to establish the maximum speed your line can support (will depend on distance from exchange, line quality, internal wiring, hardware, external interference).

Is the sync light on your modem/router lit or flashing? Have you tried rebooting your router and/or PC?

I'd strongly encourage you to do the below (check out here for more details)-

1. Check that all telephone points and extensions have microfilters installed.
2. Try swapping the microfilter for your modem with another one, either new or from elsewhere in the house.
3. Unplug everything from your the phone line and plug your modem directly into the master socket or- better still- into the test socket (see Q30 here for how to find your test socket).
N/A

DSLMax/ MaxDSL is the up to 8 Mbps service.

So the "PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 2 (Monthly Contract) with included 8GB bandwidth". is with regards to storage - not speed. I think I'm getting it.

The raised ticket about the DSLMax hasn't been answered yet. How doI find it it has been implemented atall?

Is the sync light on your modem/router lit or flashing? Have you tried rebooting your router and/or PC?

Several times, power on and off. I can get to my other PCs in the house - just not out of the house onto the internet.

>1. Check that all telephone points and extensions have microfilters installed.
irrelevant - have a bt masterbox or whatever its called, ahead of all the other lines via a structured wiring system

>2. Try swapping the microfilter for your modem with another one, either new or from elsewhere in the house.
irrelevent see above

>3. Unplug everything from your the phone line and plug your modem directly into the master socket or- better still- into the test socket (see Q30 here for how to find your test socket).
That I will try next.

Thanks