cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSLMax Sync @ 7328kbps, download speed=120k/s..HELP!!

N/A

As above, my router is happily synching at 7328kbps every time and yet my max download speed is 120k/sec today and was 235k/sec yesterday.

Can anyone shed some light on why my synch speed is so high yet download rates so poor?
10 REPLIES
daviez
Grafter

Welcome to the MaxDSL club...
N/A

Are you still within your 10 day training period?

During my 10 day training period I had a download speed of no more than 130kbps in days 4 to 10 despite my router synching at 8128 with good noise margin. I put in a fault ticket on day 8 and my training period was restarted on day 11. By the end of my second 10 day training period I continued to synch at 8128 (my stable rate is 8000), and I am seeing speeds of 6.5MB in the morning gradually reducing down to 2MB in the evening peak time.

I can only assume assume there was some kind of fault on the line or in the exchange at the start. I would suggest that you carry out some BT speedtests and if it continues at your low levels for more than 3 days then put in a fault ticket to see what can be done. My understanding is that the speed will instantly reduce if there is a problem with the line but will take 3 days to restore to the correct levels once noise levels have improved.
N/A

I got maxxed yesterday so a bit of waiting is in order then.

thanks for your help.
N/A

i am now past my 10 days on MAX and it is still up and down.
N/A

Day 4 of the 10 day trial, still connecting happily at 7000kbps+ but download speed still not exceeded 120k/sec.

I am currently rebooting the router 2-3 times a day and have done so since I was maxxed up.

Surely a delta report showing i've never connected below 7000kbps should have been generated by now and my speed should have gone up?
N/A

be careful of interleaving!
N/A

This problem gets more strange. Since the start of my max trial i've been connecting at 7000+ kbps.

PNs webpage https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate has up until now reported 1000kbps, and PN confirm that BT have generated a delta report to that speed and my line is rock solid at 7000+ kbps, my download speed max has always been 120k/sec.

However, PN's page now says 6500kbps, and I still cant download any quicker than 120k/sec.

I've no firewalls (except router), no QOS apps, tested on my laptop, PC and apple mac, same result on each.
N/A

You obviously were on a 1mbit product and somewhere between BT and Plusnet you haven't been upgraded in terms of bandwidth, but your sunc rate has gone up. So I'd guess either Plusnet are waiting for this "delta report" or they've lost it
N/A

yeah, thats basically what I was thinking.

The frustrating thing is I know plusnet have had a delta report now as their dslmax sustainable speed page is reporting i am now getting 6500kbps, well that and the fact i've got the call logged with PN but havent heard anything from them for over a week now.
N/A

Finally got PN to log this with BT, they sorted it within a few hours and i'm now getting 550-650k/sec downloads.

Total success!!

Even though it was a struggle to get PN to log this with BT they were always very helpful. Obviously they have many dslmax issues to work through so it just needs a little patience.
Cheesy Cheesy