Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSLMAX or not?

Richchad
Grafter

DSLMAX or not?

I am not sure if I am on DSL Max or not :?:

I asked the question and have had this reply.. :?

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 2:15am, Wednesday 18th April 2007

We acknowledge your request to be regraded to DSLMax as a priority and will endeavour to submit your order ASAP.

Regards
Customer Support

Does this mean I am not on DSLMax or is this just a standard reply...I didn't actually asked to be regraded, I just wanted to know if I had been already or not.

BT Test results......
IP profile for your line is - 6500 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 7616 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 5721 kbps

Although all other Speed tests give download speeds of about 2500kbps :?:
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

DSLMAX or not?

Looks like you are on Max. With a nice 6.5M connection.

Check that PlusNet have the correct profile for your line here;
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

Chilly
Richchad
Grafter

DSLMAX or not?

But why do all other speed tests show about 2500kbps and if I am on DSLMax why didn't they tell me that when I raised the question?
Community Veteran

DSLMAX or not?

Can you post up the speed given on the link that I gave.

When you raised the request it goes into an automated pool, it looks like it responded before it checked if you where Max'ed or not.

Chilly
Richchad
Grafter

DSLMAX or not?

This is the speed shown on the link you gave me...
Your current broadband speed is 7000 Kbps

On another note, any idea why I no longer get email notification of my replies, my profile hasn't changed and still requests notification?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

DSLMAX or not?

Hi Chadwell,

Your MAX upgrade has completed, the reason you got a standard answer on ther ticket is because you followed the path to request the upgrade again. These are picked up by a script and as such have no human intervention.

Are the email notifications for the forums or for the ticket replies? If it is the latter it appears you have opted out.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

DSLMAX or not?

OK, so you are Max'ed. and your profile has updated.

But you should be seeing speed faster that 2.5M on the stats that you have given us.

Try a few speed test at various times of day.

here is PlusNet's new speed tester;
http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/

Chilly
Richchad
Grafter

DSLMAX or not?

Are the email notifications for the forums or for the ticket replies? If it is the latter it appears you have opted out.

It is for the forums.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

DSLMAX or not?

It is for the forums.

Yep, I've just seen your other thread, Chilly is getting someone to check the email address is as it should be for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Richchad
Grafter

DSLMAX or not?

OK, so you are Max'ed. and your profile has updated.
But you should be seeing speed faster that 2.5M on the stats that you have given us.
Try a few speed test at various times of day.
here is PlusNet's new speed tester;
http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/

Chilly

I have been speed testing almost daily since we had the speed problems back in February (which reminds me I have never had my refund as promised in an email from PN) I have never ever reached anything higher than 2630kbps on all speed testers except the BT one?
chrisc
Grafter

DSLMAX or not?

This could be due to your RWIN or MTU settings. Try tweaking these to improve your throughput:

Download DrTCP

http://www.dslreports.com/front/drtcp.html

and first just try a different RWIN of 108800. Leave everything else as it is, save and close DrTCP, reboot the PC and try the speedtests again and see if it makes a difference.

If that makes little difference then I'd suggest increasing the MTU to 1458 and set the RWIN to 113400. Again save and reboot and see if it makes any improvement.
Richchad
Grafter

DSLMAX or not?

I don't think I can change any settings as I only have a Binatone 500 modem, could this be restricting the speeds?
Richchad
Grafter

DSLMAX or not?

Okay have run Tweak Tester and adjusted RWIN to 65872 as it recommended between 65872 and 176136.
I believe I have a pppoA connection and cannot adjust MTU to 1500 as recommended with normal connection.

I now have speed test readings of around 4500kbps Smiley

I have run the tweak tester again and it tells me RWIN is in range, if I increase the RWIN to a higher figure will I get a better speed?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

DSLMAX or not?

The RWIN adjustments do certainly seem to be helping people gain that last bt of speed out of their connections. I would advise trying a setting of between 108800 and 113400 and see if that improves the connection.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Richchad
Grafter

DSLMAX or not?

The RWIN adjustments do certainly seem to be helping people gain that last bt of speed out of their connections. I would advise trying a setting of between 108800 and 113400 and see if that improves the connection.

Thanks for the advice, have been trying various settings, doesn't seem a lot between them, they vary quite a lot from about 3500kbps to 5400kbps on each setting, I guess I need to be a bit more patient and monitor over longer periods before changing the settings.