cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL light and internet light is on

N/A

Hi

sorry for troubling yous again a quick query regarding my activation date again.I noticed on my wireless router that the DSL light is on and when activating my wireless router to access the internet the internet light comes on.I enter my plus net username and password and it says voyager is ready to surf the internet but when trying to access common web pages it will not.
When i do the trouble shooter it tells me everything has passed bar the gateway ping thus my modem will not renew the ip address.

I hope this all makes sence to som1 basically my question is has a BT engineer already activated my broadband line
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

There's no connection attempts coming through to us yet, that could mean that the work BT's side isn't complete yet.

Make sure that the username you are entering is in the format

username@plusdsl.net

once the work BT's side is complete the account will be activated and you'll be able to connect.
N/A

Thanks Dave I was just querying as the DSL light has never been on,on the wireless router before.Thus i thought my line was activated.

Thanks again..
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Yeah, it probably means that the exchange side work's been done but it's still waiting on the rest of the work to be in the BT network. Keep trying the login I'd have thought it wouldn't be long.