cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL + dialup at same time?

Fost

Hi, is it possible to use the dialup access that comes with my boradband premier account at the same time as I'm using broadband?

I have a fixed connection at home, but my wife travels around with her work, and would like to use the dialup access with her laptop.

I think it may kick me off the broadband system when that happens. Would it be better to get a separate dialup acc for use with the laptop - and if so, could you recommend one?

-thanks.
4 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Unforuntately not. See this thread :

Backup 0845 access and ADSL at the same time

You would need to setup a new free PAYG dialup account. You would still be able to access ur PN emails, webspace etc.. from this connection.
Fost

Great, thanks for the help!
N/A

So what difference is there for instance in logging in at work to your account using the network at that location and still having a live ADSL connection at home? I do this all the time and the same IP address is assigned at both locations. This sounds the same thing as using dial up from another location instead of another third party network to logon to an account. Does this also cause problems? I have never noticed any problems it has caused me.
Community Veteran

No if you are logged on via the works network you are using their ISP and just accessing your account over the internet.
This will not use your normal IP as though you had connected by logging in to the Plusnet server via a dial up.