cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL activation time

N/A

DSL activation time

I ordered dsl on the 23.1.04 but yet my order to supplier has only just been submitted,i don't seem to be getting very far with my order,what's been happening for the last 10 days?i have been told today when the money is coming out but i don't even know if i can get the service.
On my portal it gives a date of 16th feb,24 days in total!!! If that's on time. i was originally told 3-4 days.I don't mind the wait but it's the inaccurate information or the lack of information that's madening.
What a poor start :x
13 REPLIES
N/A

DSL activation time

Do you have anything special on your line that would have had to have been removed prior to the ADSL install?

Did the ADSL Tracker give you any more information about possible delays or problems with the order?
N/A

DSL activation time

On our line we've got a cordless phone ,standard phone and a pc............no i've not been told anything about our line
the adsl does'nt follow dsl.
csogilvie
Grafter

DSL activation time

Are you talking about dslConnect?
N/A

DSL activation time

yes.
csogilvie
Grafter

DSL activation time

You should keep an eye on link:contact us for any updates then.
N/A

DSL activation time

looked at all updates on contact us before i posted
Community Veteran

DSL activation time

DSL connect is a manual process so can take longer and all correspondence is through contact us tickets. If you see nothing in the next 2 days raise a ticket and ask what is happening.
N/A

DSL activation time

what you mean is i've not only got to wait for bt to get in gear but tiscalli as well.
i expected 21 days to be the extream not the begining!
Community Veteran

DSL activation time

Yep, BT <-> Tiscali <-> plusnet <-> you

and any one (including you) could introduce delays. Notice the arrows are in both directions so delays can occur either way.
N/A

DSL activation time

Tiscali who ?? Is that a typo.
Community Veteran

DSL activation time

My understanding is Tiscali offer the DSL connect service which PlusNet is using.
N/A

DSL activation time

Ah, didn't know that. So, three parties involved to cross communicate, hence the delay time.
N/A

DSL activation time

Just like BT resell IPStream to providers, Tiscaly purchase DataStream access from BT, then resell it on to the likes of PlusNet.

Many people think the faults of the Tiscali network will be present with the PlusNet offering. the good news it, your data doesn't get that far into the Tiscaly network.