cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Max Downgrades

andun84
Grafter

DSL Max Downgrades

It really annoys me that it only takes a momentary fall in your sync speed for you to be downgraded for 3 days. Yesterday I was testing a friends equipment on my line and when I had confirmed his router was working correctly and then sorted his prob out with his ISP and went home I found that my line was only syncing at 480kb instead of the normal 1.2mb. I checked both ends of the cable and plugged them in again and synced at 1.3mb yet today I see my stable rate has been downgraded to 500kb. This really is annoying as my line was at this lower speed for 1 hour.

It takes them only a termporary blip to cause a downgrade yet it is going to take me at least 3 days of resyncing several times a day to get my speed back up again. Ahhhhh.

Just a rant but do feel better for it thanks Cheesy
6 REPLIES
brad
Grafter

DSL Max Downgrades

Hi there,

I can understand your frustrations and confirm that your line profile will be decreased if your quality goes down. This will be set by BT Wholesale but should shoot up before long.

Let's hope this doesn't happen too often for you. Smiley
Community Veteran

DSL Max Downgrades

This is one of the main problems with BT's implementation of higher speed broadband. Any change in line quality downwards is acted on with 75 minutes yet it can take 3 days (and longer) for the speeds to return to expected levels once your line conditions improve.

With LLU, the speed you sync at is the speed you can transfer data at. You get a bad line, you just resync and things are back to normal immediately.
N/A

DSL Max Downgrades

heheh Wink
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Re: DSL Max Downgrades

It takes them only a termporary blip to cause a downgrade yet it is going to take me at least 3 days of resyncing several times a day to get my speed back up again.

This is where blip logic should come into effect. It doesn't always work and sometimes the sync drops more than the customer notices.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
andun84
Grafter

Re: DSL Max Downgrades

It takes them only a termporary blip to cause a downgrade yet it is going to take me at least 3 days of resyncing several times a day to get my speed back up again.

This is where blip logic should come into effect. It doesn't always work and sometimes the sync drops more than the customer notices.

Thanks Chris. Seems this change in policy by BT Wholesale has worked for me as I am now back up to full speed again so only downgraded for a day - just a pity it was on the day I was doing a couple of mammoth linux upgrades but I got them in the end.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

DSL Max Downgrades

Thats good news. Fingers crossed the speed stays good now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team