cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Connect

N/A

DSL Connect

Is anyone else having problems ordering DSL Connect? I placed my order on 15th December and it still hasn't appeared in ADSL Tracker. Raised a ticket on 30th December but have yet to have a reply other than someone has been assigned to look into it.

Keith
5 REPLIES
N/A

DSL Connect

I ordered this for a friend a couple of weeks back. It never shown up on the ADSL tracker but I think it needs manual provisioning - although it did show up as tickets in contact us at various stages. I also think that this service is resold to plusnet from the likes of tiscali - dont quote me on that though.

Naturally my friend failed - apparently the service is not available at his location (despite an amber for 512) I dont understand what criteria you need to meet to have this service available in your area ?
N/A

DSL Connect

The DSL Connect package is a trial system, and I don't know if anything will actualy aprear on the ADSL tracker page.

The ADSL Tracker system, is designed to work with the automated responces between PlusNet and BT.

As the DSL Connect package involves a third-party, it doesn't use the automated BT system.

Also, as this is a new package, I can't make any sugestions as to what steps you can take, other than waiting. ian Wild may be able to shed some light if there is a some sort of backlog, or the processing time involved.
HepaT1c
Dabbler

DSL Connect

I have been helping a work collegue setup DSL Connect and have not really had too many problems. The ADSL tracker doesn't work, but from reading some other posts it's seems the service is done via a 3rd party and not with BT which is why that didn't work. Other than that it all went swimmingly until tonight when i went round to setup the modem...

...The paperwork inside was spot on explaining the setup, but it didn't give me a user ID or password to connect to DSL. It simply said the details would be emailed. Now having been with plusnet over a year myself i know what my logon is, so i took a really wild guess and happened to get it right. When we checked the email account, there was no sign of the user ID and password as the documentation suggested. Had this been a new user with no help i can see some quite frustrated phone calls coming the way of the call centre :-)

I'm sure it's a teething problem with the trial service, but i think someone should look into it sooner rather than later...
Ianwild
Grafter

DSL Connect

OK - Thanks for the feedback on this. I will look into it ASAP.

Can you confirm that the support centre were able to give you the details you neeeded?

Regards,

Ian
HepaT1c
Dabbler

DSL Connect

i never asked them, i guessed the id and password working on the basis that it was derived in the same way mine is. If that hadn't have worked i would have rung them, but i got lucky :lol: