cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Connect 250

N/A

DSL Connect 250

Ok first few questions i have just ordered Broadband 5x and was wondering a few things.

1. Why cant i use ADSL Tracker it would b very usefull as i want to know wen to cancel my Freeserve Anytime Connection.
2.How long does it normally take from order to Activation ?
3.Is the setup easy. e.g: just puttin in modem and details then u go ?

Thanks for any help in advance. Wink
10 REPLIES
N/A

DSL Connect 250

1: The ADSL tracker is designed for products that are supplied by BT.

Although the DSL Connect packages are supplied by BT in the end, a third-party supplier is also used. This currently prevents the DSL tracker from being used.

PlusNet do hope to get this intergrated at some point.

2: It can take anyything from the normal 7-10 days through to 2 weeks, due to the nature of the product supplied.

3: Can't vouch for that sorry.
N/A

DSL Connect 250

Ok thanks for the quick reply.
Was hoping the activation and sending of modem would b quicker. Sad
Another week to w8 then. was gnna order in Jan then sumthin cum up with my job, so i ahd to wait. DAMN EMPLOYERS, lol
N/A

DSL Connect 250

<shudders> oh talk properly! Sad
pcorker
Grafter

DSL Connect 250

Re: anytime
You probably know this but if you pay freeserve by DD then the date it appears on your bank statement can be (about) 10 days after it is actually taken (ie the date on the DD)
Being slow off the mark cost me an extra month!
Pat.
N/A

DSL Connect 250

i now day it comes out neway 3rd of each month.
N/A

DSL Connect 250

Ok so if i orderd on Saturday 6th March how long do you think it will be until my line is activated and modem sent?
Community Veteran

DSL Connect 250

Going off the information provided by Philip (acarr) above then you could be looking at 26th of March if it runs to 2 weeks to provide.
N/A

DSL Connect 250

When and how will they notify me that my line is eligble for Activation. I would like to know as i need to cancel my Freeserve Anytime, and i am a bit worried about my line being able to get ADSL as i am on the outer limits of the reach, Luckily they are testing Reach ADSL in my home town so hopefully if i cant get it now i will be able to get 1mb Smiley. Ohwell i hope i can get DSL Connect 250 for now. Please, please.
btw, thanks for all your help so far.
N/A

DSL Connect 250

The DSL connect technology uses the standard ADSL technology used for 512Kb connections, as such, the limits are the same.

If you are too far for standard ADSL, then you are very likely too far for DSL Connect.

The current ADSL trials in progress, do not currently carry an internet service. The machines put in place are test consoles that BT can perform remote testing from.

As such, the technology will not be used to eneable you to gain a connection.

At the same time, this technology is only being tested, as a method of extending the 512Kb service. BT do not have plans to extent the limits of thw 1 or 2Mb services yet.

The unfortunate news is, that PlusNet can't inform you if your line is DSL Connect capable until it is either rejected, or confirmed as enabled.
N/A

DSL Connect 250

How gay, I wanna know wen my line is going to be able to take it or not Sad