cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL-604+ and Nokia D211 Wireless

N/A

I have a D-Link 604+ Wireless ADSL Modem and Router (Combined) and am trying to get a Nokia D211 wireless card in my laptop (PCMCIA) to talk to it. No luck!

I have succesfully setup the 604+ to connect to the laptop via ethernet and can access the internet this way so no problems with comms connections just the wireless lan.

Any one have any ideas?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Have you got a NIC and a wireless on the same pc? If you have they will get confussed disable the NIC.
If its just the wireless then it is liable to be WEP settings. The wireless card must have a ip + subnet in the same range as the router so if the router is 10.0.0.2 then you card must be in the same range ie 10.0.0.3 -10.0.0.24

If these settings are right then check the WAP. You can have a open system which means anyone can connect to your system or you can have WEP connect or WEP connect and data as well.

The netcard must have the SSID of the router set or it wont connect it must have the same encription leval as the router and have the same key. It is normaly the key or SSID that is wrong.

If you get a good signal(most cards show this) then its one of these settings. You can normaly turn of the WEP to get started but you need it turned on in the end for security.

Do a ipconfig /all and make sure you are in the right ip range
N/A

I have to configure the router via the ethernet so after changing some of the options I will unplug the ethernet cable and insert the wireless card to try and establish the connection.

If I run an IPCONFIG I get an IP address of 192.168.0.2 for the LAN connection which is in the same range as my router which is 192.168.0.1, subnet 255.255.255.0

I have changed the IP address and subnet mask of the wireless card to 192.168.0.5 and 255.255.255.0 Viewing the card information I can see the IP address has been changed to the new value alhtough I cannot see this in the IPCONFIG, I assume this is because the connection has not been established

I have not set WEP or MAC security up on the router but have set the SSID to be 'router', the problem I see here is that I cannot tell what the ssid is on the wireless card? I have also set the domain within the DHCP settings to be 'jzgreen' as the card looks for a network when trying to establish a connection in infrastructure mode.
N/A

Gave up trying to get this working. Bought the corresponding card from d-link instead. Worked out of the box in 5 mins, no setup needed!