Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRTCP

eglwys
Grafter

DRTCP

Hi all

Ive just got my ADSL and so far so good all up and working with no apparent problems at all.

After reading a previous post I tried running DRTCP to set my MTU. Unfortunately it only recognised my 1394 Firwewire and a TV adapter which I don't think I have. I am running WinXP With a Alcatel Speedtouch PCI modem Which my system recognises as an ISDN adater.
Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance
Martin
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: DRTCP

Set the value in the Dailup (RAS)MTU box

eglwys
Grafter

>
> Set the value in the Dailup (RAS)MTU box
>
>
I have looked through all the properties of my dial up but can't find anything marked RAS or MTU in fact nothing I can put a numerical value in. Am I looking in the wrong place?
N/A

I've used the w2k version of drtcp but I can't believe the other versions are any different.

When you run DrTcp a pop up box opens that lists 'General Settings'

On the left hand side of this box it lists:

tcp recieve window
Window Scaling
Time Stamping
Selective Acks
Dail up (RAS) MTU

For PCI adapters enter your value of MTU in 'Dail up (RAS) MTU'. Typically a value of 1458 is good but 1430 has worked better for some people. Set 'tcp recieve window' to a multiple of the MTU less 40 (i.e. 1458-40=1418 times 10 = 14180). As there is some packet loss on the network at present if you drop this value it may help (try 12762 or 11344).

eglwys
Grafter

> Hi Cliff

Thanks for the replies

The problem that I have got is that my PCI modem is not listed in the adapter settings box nor is Dial up connection, Only- 1394 net adapter and Microsoft video/TV connection

Martin
> I've used the w2k version of drtcp but I can't believe the other versions are any different.
>
> When you run DrTcp a pop up box opens that lists 'General Settings'
>
> On the left hand side of this box it lists:
>
> tcp recieve window
> Window Scaling
> Time Stamping
> Selective Acks
> Dail up (RAS) MTU
>
> For PCI adapters enter your value of MTU in 'Dail up (RAS) MTU'. Typically a value of 1458 is good but 1430 has worked better for some people. Set 'tcp recieve window' to a multiple of the MTU less 40 (i.e. 1458-40=1418 times 10 = 14180). As there is some packet loss on the network at present if you drop this value it may help (try 12762 or 11344).
>
>

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> > Hi Cliff
>
> Thanks for the replies
>
> The problem that I have got is that my PCI modem is not listed in the adapter settings box nor is Dial up connection, Only- 1394 net adapter and Microsoft video/TV connection

It wont be, just change the dialup as that is what your PCI modem is.

Eg http://www.adp450.plus.com/pics/drtcp1500.jpg
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #UT2003chat
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
eglwys
Grafter

Thanks Gus
I must be blind!