cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DONT TURN OF YOUR FIREWALLS

N/A

DONT TURN OF YOUR FIREWALLS

Although doig so will let you explore the web, or even turning the settings down to medium will help. This removes stealth mode on your Firewall.

Just wait until they get a fix.
There are loads of tossers contantly doing port scans . my firewall is non-stop will traffic alerts doing this. So imagine what might happen if you take if off. I did have mine off and turn down to medium aswell, but i thought about this, i have had too many virues and trojans in the past.

Leave it for now, PlusNet say it will be fixed @ 17.30 to 18.00 pm today.
It's better than getting your systems knocked off by losers who cant use the internet properly = hackers.

Keep firewalls up to max.
weekends = full of script kiddies
--
Jason
=====
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: DONT TURN OF YOUR FIREWALLS

Must very strongly agree with EVERY word you said. Far better to wait a few hours than turn control of your PC over to some trojan!

--
Emeric Miszti
http://www.uksecurityonline.com
N/A

Im in total agreement Jason keep those walls at max, If some poor user has a trojan on their sytem with their wall down well the consequences can be bad, see my previous post about my own little trojan discovery which my firewall caught trying to send out, it can happen and does happen dont fall into the it wont happen to me mentality.

Ali
N/A

if you do turn it off you could always do a "shields up" test on www.grc.com to see if you have any leaks
N/A

DO NOT TURN IT OFF.

Have a look at the Home User Guides on my site to see how easy it is to get into machines that have a firewall, never mind those that don't. Almost any non-firewall protected Windows PC can be hacked in less than 5 mins! Anyone want a demo Wink

Regards
--
Emeric Miszti
http://www.uksecurityonline.com
N/A

thats a good site m8