cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS settings on SAR110

N/A

DNS settings on SAR110

On the quick config screen for the sar110 you have DNS ENABLE= Y/N.
If you do not enter a dns primary / seconday and run the diagnostics screen it fails. Will entering the primary 212.159.11.150 and secondary 212.159.13.150 as on the "setting the network card" cause any problems. I have been told if you enter a DNS the diag screen works Ok. But i don't want to alter the setings untill i know it's not going to cause lockup's etc that some people are having.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: DNS settings on SAR110

The test cant find anything without DNS so setting DNS up is needed. I use a +net one and a u-net one 194.119.131.65 this way if one ISP has dns problems it gets it from the other.

> On the quick config screen for the sar110 you have DNS ENABLE= Y/N.
> If you do not enter a dns primary / seconday and run the diagnostics screen it fails. Will entering the primary 212.159.11.150 and secondary 212.159.13.150 as on the "setting the network card" cause any problems. I have been told if you enter a DNS the diag screen works Ok. But i don't want to alter the setings untill i know it's not going to cause lockup's etc that some people are having.

N/A

RE: DNS settings on SAR110

> The test cant find anything without DNS so setting DNS up is needed. I use a +net one and a u-net one 194.119.131.65 this way if one ISP has dns problems it gets it from the other.
>
>
> > On the quick config screen for the sar110 you have DNS ENABLE= Y/N.
> > If you do not enter a dns primary / seconday and run the diagnostics screen it fails. Will entering the primary 212.159.11.150 and secondary 212.159.13.150 as on the "setting the network card" cause any problems. I have been told if you enter a DNS the diag screen works Ok. But i don't want to alter the setings untill i know it's not going to cause lockup's etc that some people are having.
>
>

Thanks for the reply I have added the DNS to the quick config page for the router and tested it Ok. Any idea why plus net do not tell you to fill in the DNS field on there Router config guide. Surly if you are prepairing a guide you put things like that on there. Mind you the router / internet works fine without setting the DNS on the router.