cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS problems WEbsites down

N/A

DNS problems WEbsites down

Anyone having problems this morning accessing most websites out side the portal? i keep getting pages not found.

Looks like PlusNet DNS problem again.

www.uboot.com <------- can anyone access this?

I can only get a few UK sites, most US sites are gone Sad @ 6.55am
--
Jason
=====
Working Equipment:
Packard Bell I XTREME 9070
Colour Blue/Grey
Intel Pentium 4 - 2.4 GHz -
512 MB Ram
120 GB HDD
Modems: Aztech CNR V.92 56K
D-LINK DSL-200 DIGITAL
DVD, CDRW
Chipset: SiS650
Stereo sound
GeForce 4MX 440 64 MB + TV out
USB: 2 front and 2 back
Firewire: 1 front
Lan: 1 back + (loads more sockets)
=====
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: DNS problems WEbsites down

> Anyone having problems this morning accessing most websites out side the portal? i keep getting pages not found.
>
> Looks like PlusNet DNS problem again.
>
> www.uboot.com <------- can anyone access this?
>
> I can only get a few UK sites, most US sites are gone Sad @ 6.55am

Yep, can;t access any American sites. It has been like this for a few hours now.

N/A

It's not a DNS issue though.

N/A

I too cannot access most sites - both UK and US ones.

No notice on the Service Support pages ...
N/A

> I too cannot access most sites - both UK and US ones.
>
> No notice on the Service Support pages ...

I don't think this is purely a PlusNet problem, as a lot of friends are saying there connections are very slow and they are on a mixture of ISP's
N/A

> > I too cannot access most sites - both UK and US ones.
> >
> > No notice on the Service Support pages ...
>
> I don't think this is purely a PlusNet problem, as a lot of friends are saying there connections are very slow and they are on a mixture of ISP's

I agree try to access www.patchou.com and does not load, try to ping and you get a loopback address 127.0.0.1. Strange!!!! rolleyesRoll eyesrolleyes:
N/A

There is a *massive* Microsoft SQL Server attack going on all over the internet due to a worm which became active last night sometime. Last I heard they were calling it W32/SQLSlammer. It's causing congestion and massive packet loss on quite a lot of networks around the world as the worm tries to propogate itself.

To put it into perspective a *single* infected machine (I hate customers who dont patch their boxes!) was using 6.4mb of bandwidth... for about 20 minutes until I pulled the plug Wink

Matt

N/A

> There is a *massive* Microsoft SQL Server attack going on all over the internet due to a worm which became active last night sometime. Last I heard they were calling it W32/SQLSlammer. It's causing congestion and massive packet loss on quite a lot of networks around the world as the worm tries to propogate itself.
>
> To put it into perspective a *single* infected machine (I hate customers who dont patch their boxes!) was using 6.4mb of bandwidth... for about 20 minutes until I pulled the plug Wink
>
> Matt

That's the one. A right little pain in the rear it is too. Took down most of South Korea's internet backbone, and is giving those nice people at Microsoft a major headache too (serves 'em right - if they'd tested the code properly, this wouldn't have happened). The worm's only 376 bytes long too - amazing how something as small as that can caise so much grief. The most annoying thing is that this vulnerability's been known about since last July, yet there are still loads of unpatched servers out there for this little blighter to attack.

GM