cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS problem

N/A

DNS problem

Morning Peeps,

Can anyone help meHuh I have an Asus 6000EV router connected to my switch and I seem to have problems with it. When I am browsing the web, after about an hour it drops out. I can still connect to the web via IP addresses, but if i type in a url I get page cannot be found. Plus.net say that their dns servers are fine.

I have also set DNS auto discovery on and off and manually set the PRI and SEC DNS address manually, but to no avail.

I haven't tried upgrading the firmware, as I've heard rumours about it's stability.

Can anyone help.

Many thanks in advance

Ricky Cross

2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: DNS problem

Do you have the problem if you assign DNS into each of your PCs?

DNS - primary 212.159.11.150
DNS - secondary 212.159.13.150

Kind Regards

Kevin

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support ................. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

RE: DNS problem

> Morning Peeps,
>
> Can anyone help meHuh I have an Asus 6000EV router connected to my switch and I seem to have problems with it. When I am browsing the web, after about an hour it drops out. I can still connect to the web via IP addresses, but if i type in a url I get page cannot be found. Plus.net say that their dns servers are fine.
>
> I have also set DNS auto discovery on and off and manually set the PRI and SEC DNS address manually, but to no avail.
>
> I haven't tried upgrading the firmware, as I've heard rumours about it's stability.
>
> Can anyone help.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Ricky Cross
>
>

Thanks. This seems to have cured it.

One to customer support again!!!