cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Problems?

dragona
Grafter

DNS Problems?

Hi, last few days ive been having a few problems accessing websites. there is one in particular that i keep trying to visit but it wont resolve. ive asked a few of my friends to try and they get on it no problem. the other night i couldnt access it then all of a sudden it was there (and yes i asked my friends at the same time i was trying to access it) ive tried accessing it after and have had no luck resolving the IP at all (ive tried using both internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox as well as trying command prompt to ping / trace route)

the only way ive found i can access it is if i use a free "proxy spinner" service.

http://www.innoscience.net

Thats the web adress of the website im not sure if its just me or if its something wrong with DNS but it doesnt appear to be working at this moment while my friends and a proxy spinner tells me otherwise.

Thanks in advance!
11 REPLIES
N/A

DNS Problems?

Nope I can't get the page either :shock:
painswck
Grafter

DNS Problems?

Hi,

Just tried. Seems to depend on which PlusNet DNS servers you are using. Some return the ip address and others do not know of the sites existence.

Perhaps some of the staff will come by with an answer as to why this is happening.

Roland
dragona
Grafter

DNS Problems?

ah lol thanks i hope it be soon ^_^
dragona
Grafter

DNS Problems?

hmm could you please list 2 DNS server ip's please?

139.175.55.224 << thats the one my router seems to use and it has a space for an alternate server ... just wanna have two of them. Smiley
N/A

DNS Problems?

www.neowin.net has been dead recently but i got an e-mail from there server so it must still be active.

There was some other site as well thts been playing up with me lately

o and
Dns Servers:

212.159.13.49 < primary
212.159.13.50 < secondary

Thats the 2 i use

eidt: yeh that link is dead btw
dragona
Grafter

DNS Problems?

well i can visit that site ... its logo is an N in a blue sphere ... i changed my options .. but still nowt Sad
N/A

DNS Problems?

Hi,

Here is some info on the main DNS servers for BB

Info at a glance

dragona, I'm not sure that is a Plus Net DNS Server, since I think all Plus Net IP addy's start with 212.159. etc.
N/A

DNS Problems?

212.159.13.49 < primary
212.159.13.50 < secondary

These are the 2 I have too, are there others available?
(I want to ty them on my xbox which cannot see the above.)
painswck
Grafter

DNS Problems?

Hi Dragona,

if you follow the link given above and use the 2 ip addresses listed as primary dns (the ones ending 11.150 and 13.150) you will find that you can access the site you are trying.

Roland
LiamM
Grafter

DNS Problems?

i had problems with neowin a few days ago not resolving... appears fine now however.
dragona
Grafter

DNS Problems?

Thanks For your all your help!! can now access more sites Cheesy