cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DM602 & Smoothie

N/A

DM602 & Smoothie

Anyone successfully connect a Smoothwall protected network via a Netgear DM602 modem/router to PlusNet?
8 REPLIES
N/A

I got a dm602 netgear, looks nice but does not work

Called netgear support said it was crashiung every 5 minutes and they are going to replace it next week with a new dm632.

Its something to do with the router senses to many connections, thinks its being DOS attacked and shuts down.

I had problems running dns, postfix and web behind it. also with the dredded p2p stuff ;-)

Neil Smart was the netgear engineer who delt with me.
neil.smart@netgear.com very helpful.

Cheers

James (XyleneUK)
N/A

DM602 & Smoothie

I ended up ditching mine and going for a D-Link unit, very reliable and can't fault them.
keithcalder
Grafter

DM602 & Smoothie

I have a DM602 also, never had any problems with it at all. Smiley
N/A

DM602 & Smoothie

I don't doubt the DM602, in fact on its own it was fine, but slapping it behind my firewall and what a pain as configuring it was tiresome. The D-Link fired up straight away with a single IP address change.
N/A

2 meg account

well I upgraded to a 2meg home account from plus net !
I ahve a msdn subscription and managed to download windows xp media center (2 disks) in under an hour, average speed 210 k/bit sec.

and that was on my dm602 in modem mode ;-)

How happy am I with the speed's.
N/A

DM602 & Smoothie

And what firewall, software or R U relying on the router alone?
holdtight
Grafter

DM602 & Smoothie

i have used smoothwall on and off for a long time
configuring it behind various routers with no problems at all,
the only probs SW has is with usb modems where it is near impossible to get it working, i dont know why your having probs with your netgear as it should
just more or less sort itself out with regards to SW, maybe if you can supply a bit more system spec, is it a standalone pc or are you trying to run SW on a network?
N/A

DM602 & Smoothie

No longer matters, thanks. Switched to a D-Link modem + Netgear FVS318. I'll keep my smoothie box for emergency backup as it worked perfectly well with the 'gorgeous' green frog modem!