cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLink Routers

N/A

DLink Routers

Hi

Ever since Tue / Wed I have had no ADSL conectivity at work or at home both places have DLink DSL500 routers is there a problem with these routers since your pipe installation

Thanks
--
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: DLink Routers

> Hi
>
> Ever since Tue / Wed I have had no ADSL conectivity at work or at home both places have DLink DSL500 routers is there a problem with these routers since your pipe installation
>
> Thanks
>

Dear Customer,

We have recieved your fault notification and have forwarded it onto to BT for resolution.

We have spoken to a number of customers who connect via No-Nat and have noticed that there has been a problem with some of the DLink 5XX routers after we changed over to the new central pipe. The problem being that they are believing that our DNS servers are on the internal network.

The first thing to try in order to resolve this problem is to manually set the DNS severs up to 195.166.128.16 and 195.166.128.17.

As these servers are on a different IP range the routers don't think that they are on the internal network and accepts them. If you give this a go and get back to us if it doesn't work.

--
Regards, Support

--
| Rob Skelton ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

RE: DLink Routers

> > Hi
> >
> > Ever since Tue / Wed I have had no ADSL conectivity at work or at home both places have DLink DSL500 routers is there a problem with these routers since your pipe installation
> >
> > Thanks
> >
>
> Dear Customer,
>
> We have recieved your fault notification and have forwarded it onto to BT for resolution.
>
> We have spoken to a number of customers who connect via No-Nat and have noticed that there has been a problem with some of the DLink 5XX routers after we changed over to the new central pipe. The problem being that they are believing that our DNS servers are on the internal network.
>
> The first thing to try in order to resolve this problem is to manually set the DNS severs up to 195.166.128.16 and 195.166.128.17.
>
> As these servers are on a different IP range the routers don't think that they are on the internal network and accepts them. If you give this a go and get back to us if it doesn't work.
>
>
> --
> Regards, Support
>
> --
> | Rob Skelton ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
>

Have disabled proxy DNS on router and manually set to 195.166.128.16 set NIC DNS addresses to 195.166.128.16 /17
I now have connectivity but can not see www.plus.net or any site hosted by you. This is the same problem I have at work with the same kind of router DLink DSL 500