cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP

N/A

DHCP

Hi, Wink

ive got my setup like this, gateway pc with a internal IP address, and my client obtaining its IP from DHCP, what i was wondering is could i setup my client pc to not get its IP from DHCP but for me to input the IP's by myself? I have afew problems with website not being found and that, and i think it may be that i haven't setup no DNS address'es for either pc or it could be DHCP: because the site i cant access work on the gateway machine perfectly, if you could give me abit of advice on which one is better to use DHCP or the other way, and about the DNS'es i would be thankful... Smiley

Thank You Wink
3 REPLIES
N/A

DHCP

Seting up your pc to have a static ip is no problem and often better as you then know what each pcs ip is. Simply set them to the same range as the router so if the router is 10.0.0.2 subnet 255.255.255.0 than all your pcs must be in that range ie 10.0.0.3-10.0.0.20.

Set the dns up on each pc its often a good idea to set up difrent dns's on each pc so if there is a problem with one dns the other pc would be ok.
N/A

DHCP

I dont have a router as explained in my recent post, i use ICS Tongue

so explain again but with using ICS this time, i tryed setting manual ip's up before, but then the internet went on my computer.

Thanks
N/A

DHCP

the setup is still the same but use the ip of the ICS pc as the gateway the ips of other machines must be in the same range just like the router setup.