cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG834G and firmware 3.01.29

N/A

Has anyone updated their firmware and if so did you have any problems or notice any difference?
14 REPLIES
N/A

and for anyone who wants to try it http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/D102816.asp
ferryman
Grafter

Re: DG834G and firmware 3.01.29

Has anyone updated their firmware and if so did you have any problems or notice any difference?

As your link shows the ADSL driver was updated (essentially) to improve ADSL2+ interoperability. So why would anyone bother? Hardly worth the risk I would say if you are not using ADSL2+.
Community Veteran

DO NOT use this version if you use VPN as it is broken and can render the device inoperable when used. There are also a number of other problems with the firmware which is why it was pulled from release approx 10 days after it was posted.

Use 3.01.25 which is the most recent stable version.
N/A

Have been using 3.01.29 since it came out and have had no problems at all.
But as it appears to have problems then it would be wise to stick to .25.
N/A

For people who enjoy experimenting there's also v3.01.31 which is available at

http://mytheone.googlepages.com/DG834_V3.01.31.zip

This version includes V6 of the ADSL firmware. I'm using it on my DG834v2, and it really does appear to have improved my Max stability. Use it at your own risk of course.

Eric
N/A

roseway - do you know where this firmware has come from? I can't see it on Netgear's site anywhere.
N/A

No idea, I'm afraid. I got it from a mention on ADSLGuide. The original reference is http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=486501&p=12

Eric
N/A

Well today I did something really stupid and upgraded my router with this pirate firmware. Seems OK so far - and my SnR is rock stable. It's been at 6dB all day whereas usually it's all over the place at this time.

So good find roseway Wink
N/A

mine has been stable too for past 5 days, not sure if its me , but my wifi seems a bit faster than it was, might just be the weather though.
N/A

Well today I did something really stupid and upgraded my router with this pirate firmware. Seems OK so far - and my SnR is rock stable. It's been at 6dB all day whereas usually it's all over the place at this time.

So good find roseway Wink

I can't really take any credit. I'm just recycling information from elsewhere. In fact it often seems to me that web forums are just massive recycling systems. Smiley

Eric
Alecto
Grafter

Just been to the Netgear forum to see what the view is on V3.01.31.

It seems they've improved our forum experience by shutting it down.

Thanks to all the NETGEAR customers who made the forum such a success! As a result of the popularity, NETGEAR has decided to reintroduce the forum in a new and improved format. While the changes are underway, we’ll be using our forum resources to make the conversion, and the existing forum will be unavailable.

In the meantime, questions that would have been directed to the forum can be sent to NETGEAR’s email support , where they will receive the personal attention of our agents. We hope to see you again when the forum reopens!

No date, nothing, just jam tomorrow. sound familiar??

:lol:
N/A

Yes, Netgear closed the forum down with no notice. A truly brilliant bit of customer service.

Eric
Alecto
Grafter

Hope it doesn't give Plusnet ideas Eric. :lol:
After all, they're always looking for ways to enhance our service.
N/A

Smiley

I was going to add to my note a comment to the effect that at least PlusNet keep their forum open, but on reflection I decided that was tempting providence.

Eric