cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG814 problem

N/A

DG814 problem

I cannot seem to get the DG814 router to recognise it's connected to my DSL line i.e the Internet line is always off.

I installed it last night, it came on with the power light and test light and a green 1 for the LAN connection. I noticed the Internet light came on a while later. I then followed the instructions, it auto installed the settings, I added my username and password went through the rest of the setup rebooted as instructed and then .... nothing!

I can access the router from the browser, verify all the settings are ok so it all seems ok there, but the Internet light never comes on and the and when I try to run the auto sense settings routine again, of course, it cannot detect anything.

I switched back to my USB D-link 'modem' and downloaded the latest firmware, installed that fine but made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have reset to factory default several times but the Internet Lights, never comes on flashes or anything. I noted somewhere someone having to do the 30min reset thing to correct BT's side? Means nothing to me, can anyone explain this? Would this help?

It is so frustrating!!

Many thanks
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

DG814 problem

The 30 min reset thing would not help as you are able to use your ADSL modem with no problem, the 30 min reset resets ADSL line problems.

You should do the following though -
Make sure you are using the exact same filters and cables as your ADSL modem.
Make sure the settings are exactly the same as those in the portal's link:support pages and also make sure the cable to the filter is plugged into the correct port on the router, it has 1 for a phone and 1 as the connection to the phone line, ive made this mistake myself a few times.

If you still get problems unplug ALL cables from the router, leave off for 5 mins and retry.

Chris
N/A

DG814 problem

Hi

Thanks for the reply, tried both RJ11 sockets several times so no luck there, spent over 3 hours rechecking etc all settings so convinced they are all ok.

Will try leaving it off for 5 mins as you suggest next.
N/A

DG814 problem

Hi Chris

Thank you so much!!! Cheesy

Left the router off for 10 mins switched it back on and everything worked!!

Most progress I've made since last night so cheers.
Community Veteran

DG814 problem

No probs,
Glad I could help.

Chris